Seeking Fitness oriented MFP members to unite with

Options
Hello MFP family. I am approaching my third year of being off and on MFP.
Right now I am enjoying my longest period of actively logging into the app
to track my fitness goals. Due to the nature of my work I have not been
able to log or track my food for the past 5 months. That is all about to
change as I am coming back home so I will be logging food again starting
next week.

This week began the 21st consecutive week that I have been in the gym for 5
days a week. I use a POLAR Heart Rate Monitor and training program to set
my fitness goal for the week. My current breakdown goal breakdowns set by
the program are 6 hours 30 minutes of cardio per week and 5,000 calories to
be burned per week. My workouts are broken up over the three heart rate
zones. In addition to my cardio burns I complete 100 push ups per workout
and I plan to keep cycling through the ab challenge until I can see my abs again.
Ok enough of that.

What I am seeking from this post is 5 to 10 friends who are willing to work
out 5 or more times a week and most importantly log your efforts in daily
and comment on each others fitness accomplishments. This is a busy time of
the year and fitness normally takes a back seat. I am returning home after
being gone for 5 months and I am committed to keeping my workout regimen
going.

If this shoe does not fit I definitely understand however if it does please
feel free to either add me or I will be happy to add you.

My short term goal - Make it to 26 weeks of working out 5 days per week.

My long term goal - Make it to 52 weeks of working out 5 days per week.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Replies

• Letsdothis1984
    Letsdothis1984 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5-6 days a week typically and I log daily.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5-6 days a week typically and I log daily.

That's awesome Sauce! Working out can be a good kind of addiction I believe. I have already started crossing out junk food that I will no longer be putting into my body! I look forward o offering you support!

• REDMANIV
    Options
    Hello there super fit emhunter.......thank you for being such an awesome encourager and supporter of me in this journey! You have truly been a lighthouse for my voyage!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm in the gym as often as I can be, sometimes it's 3 days a week sometimes 6....it all depends as I have a few kids. I'm not a cheerleader, but am interested in connecting with people who are proud gym rats.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm older than most of you here, but I do workout 4 or 5 days a week, lifting weights, swimming, doing circuit training and walk/run with my dog.

I've logged everyday for over 800 days and lost about 75 lbs in that time.

I'm a pretty good friend but don't read food diaries because they drive me crazy..........I can't take it when people don't eat enough......I'd rather not know about it....;)
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    I'm in the gym as often as I can be, sometimes it's 3 days a week sometimes 6....it all depends as I have a few kids. I'm not a cheerleader, but am interested in connecting with people who are proud gym rats.

Lol cheerleader is a good way to put it. I'm one of those. :# . I think that's what OP is looking for.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I'm older than most of you here, but I do workout 4 or 5 days a week, lifting weights, swimming, doing circuit training and walk/run with my dog.

I've logged everyday for over 800 days and lost about 75 lbs in that time.

I'm a pretty good friend but don't read food diaries because they drive me crazy..........I can't take it when people don't eat enough......I'd rather not know about it....;)

Congratulations on erasing 75 pounds that is phenomenal! You have a very nice variety of workouts that you do as well. Fantastic job on staying active! Keep up the outstanding work!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Cheerleader....ha ha that did have me chuckling over here.......I could of just summarized my OP. "I am a devout cheerleader looking for others who like to do the same" Genius!!
  • nkengt83
    nkengt83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello guys. Hope am not too late. I am very active and have alittle fitness addiction. I workout as much as I can which some weeks is 3 days some it's 5 all depends on my work schedule but days i work it's 12hrs running all over the hospital and clocking about 3miles. I like running daily about 5miles a day and some weightlifting. Started getting into boxing to help release some steam also. Love circuit training and jump roping. I will do food log in when i feel i have fallen off my eating habbits and start skipping meals to help me get back on track then i stop since it's so time consuming. Will love to join u guys in staying accountable and cheering one another.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    REDMANIV wrote: »
    Cheerleader....ha ha that did have me chuckling over here.......I could of just summarized my OP. "I am a devout cheerleader looking for others who like to do the same" Genius!!

Tongue in cheek
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    [/quote]

Tongue in cheek
    [/quote]
    I certainly can be really wordy with my posts I like to believe that is because I was raised by women primarily. I got my pom poms ready! Go Team Gymrats
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    nkengt83 wrote: »
    Hello guys. Hope am not too late. I am very active and have alittle fitness addiction. I workout as much as I can which some weeks is 3 days some it's 5 all depends on my work schedule but days i work it's 12hrs running all over the hospital and clocking about 3miles. I like running daily about 5miles a day and some weightlifting. Started getting into boxing to help release some steam also. Love circuit training and jump roping. I will do food log in when i feel i have fallen off my eating habbits and start skipping meals to help me get back on track then i stop since it's so time consuming. Will love to join u guys in staying accountable and cheering one another.

Very impressive workout routine that you have going here! Bravo
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    REDMANIV wrote: »
    nkengt83 wrote: »

Very impressive workout routine that you have going here! Bravo

Your running reminds me of a quote Will Smith once made when asked how he stays in such good shape.. "If you run 5 miles per day you can eat whatever you want"

Keep up the fantastic work and welcome to team FitnessFanatics
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    I have an accountability and workout thread that's ran consistently since I've been here (2011) if you'd like to participate.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • CutHereOrThere
    CutHereOrThere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Crossfit x 3 days a week + weightlifting on Tuesdays.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    in this cold weather I usually stay at home, and jogging on the fitness equipment. it also burns more energy
    ==>> PLEASE SUPPORT: best running shoes for plantar fasciitis :#

My dream is to have a cardio machine at home! I have that on my wish list and will be looking for a good deal over this coming year. Luckily I live around a lot of hills of varying degrees of incline so I can bundle up and still get a decent workout in.

Shoe wise I have flat feet, wear orthodics and run in ASICS Gel-Kayano 20's
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I have an accountability and workout thread that's ran consistently since I've been here (2011) if you'd like to participate.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you for the reply and the link! It is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I posted my results for tonights workout and I will definitely be checking out the bodybuilder.com link to find some more strenght exercises that I can start doing soon to build more strength! Looking to build lean muscle as I get down into the 185-190 weight range.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Crossfit x 3 days a week + weightlifting on Tuesdays.

Crossfit is an awesome workout! Wish I had the money to commit to joining a crossfit gym.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Happy Friday!