Help to put on a few pounds?

Options
Hey guys! How's it going?
I'm a skinny 18 year old male who's trying to get bigger (typical I know). However no matter what method I try I just can't seem to get bigger. I've hit the gym, done free weight and machines and used protein powder but to no avail. I must admit I don't eat a big breakfast and rarely eat healthy. Anyone have any tips for me? Anything is welcome at this point. I'm trying my best to gain a few pounds before my Hawaii trip in April.

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking calories/macros? You're most likely not eating enough. Start tracking everything you eat and see what your daily calorie count averages out to. From there you can start adding calories and working on correcting your diet to put on some weight.
  • SonicSloth
    SonicSloth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the reply! I've just started tracking today but I know generally that I don't eat enough. It's not that I don't like eating I just don't know what is best for me at this point. Do you have any tips for a beginner?
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    As already said, you're most likely not eating enough. Once you start tracking regularly, I'm sure you'll have a clearer idea. Upping my liquid calories has really helped me put on some weight. It's easy, and I don't feel sick from eating too much. Peanut butter too! I'll have a tablespoon or two a day with a snack.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Oils work good for adding calories too, you can mix in some coconut oil during cooking or even with hot coffee for an extra 100 or so calories here and there. Nuts are not only nutrient dense but calorie dense as well.