water retention

Options
hi everyone I know you can hold water from a new exercise but do you still hold it from doing the same exercise but instead of 4 times a week I did it 5 ?I didn't think I would hold any as my body is used to combst but I've gained a lb which I know isn't the end of the world and losses aren't linear I know this as I get gains sometimes. I'm just trying to understand my body a bit more. I over ate last Friday but did try to claw it back. so it hasn't been my calories..

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't cause you to hold water. Excessive carbs do. Eat a low carb diet, with less than 100 grams/day (less than 75 best). :)
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Exercise, more sodium than usual, hormonal fluctuations -- all can cause water retention.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thanks - ime just reading up on past posts about this.. i think it is water as i was really accurate with my logging and weighing everything .. i binged exactly a week ago and because of that binge i wanted to try claw it back as much as possible. hence me sticking in another session of body combat. hopefully ill see aloss next week