Racism Survey.... Would you:

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Maybe to all.

1 - I prefer to date purple people, but might make the exception.....

2 - I only plan to adopt children from other planets.

3 - My children can only date orange people because I prefer mix race grand kids (purple and orange stripes/polka dots)

4 - I could really use 4 arms instead of 2. And would prefer all my arms to be of different colors.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Awww....no love for the intergalactic races?

alien-facehugger1.jpg
  • Yes..to most....No to adopting...Not because of the color..but cuz is too expensive...and I have enough mouth to feed right now...;)..my children will marry whoever they fall in love with ..
  • You win the best answer contest!! lol..;)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes to all 4
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.

QFT
  • Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.

Because not every person of a race acts the same way. :flowerforyou:

Still doesn't automatically make it "racist"...some people aren't attracted to certain ethnicities...oh the horror. Or some people want all caucasian...or black...or Asian families (adopted children)...some parents are from cultures where race and religion are huge....and you don't get to choose your donated organs and where they come from in regards to race and ethnicity.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Yes to all. It's like I tell my kids, people are like eggs. The color of the shell depends on the chicken, but they all taste the same!
    When you eat chicken, does the dark meat taste exactly like the white meat?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    1) Date/Marry someone of a different colour?
    2) Adopt a child of a different colour?
    3) Allow your child to date/marry someone of a different colour?
    4) Accept a vital organ transplant/allow a family member to do so if that organ belonged to someone of a different colour?

I ask these questions, because they came up in a conversation with my (now-ex) BF, and I was completely SHOCKED at his answers.

For me: it's a "yes" to all 4. I really don't care if you're black, white, red, yellow, or blue. Unless you're blue because you're choking. Then I'd probably help you.
    1) Depends if they're hot.
    2) Wouldn't car for a child that is not mine.
    3) They can marry who they like as long as get married knowing what it's about.
    4) Don't know most of them but it would be stupid to say no.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Yes to all. It's like I tell my kids, people are like eggs. The color of the shell depends on the chicken, but they all taste the same!
    When you eat chicken, does the dark meat taste exactly like the white meat?

Does the Colonel's original taste like the extra crispy?
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Iis someone actually going to come on here and say no basically admitting to prejudice?

Given that at least one question is actually about attraction and personal preference, how is it racist to say no, I likely would not date or marry someone of another race?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.

Still doesn't automatically make it "racist"...some people aren't attracted to certain ethnicities...oh the horror. Or some people want all caucasian...or black...or Asian families (adopted children)...some parents are from cultures where race and religion are huge....and you don't get to choose your donated organs and where they come from in regards to race and ethnicity.

No but it makes you prejudice.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    I find it unlikely that anybody is seriously going to admit to being a racist on myfitnesspal. TBH, though:

2) I've actually seriously thought about this one, as my husband and I have been TTC for about a year now with no results. I am concerned about two white people adopting a child of another race, and the issues that may cause to a child's identity later. I know there's been a lot of issues about this in the native community, as well as Asian children adopted from overseas, but I feel like it would even be an issue with other American children in different-race families. I would feel obligated, as the mother to a black child for example, to teach them about black culture and to be proud of who they are, but I would feel odd about it since my husband and I are not black, and don't have any close black family or friends who could sort of fill that role. I'd be seriously interested in discussing with any adopted children in different-race families (not multiracial, obviously then they are still your biological parent.) As of right now, I think I would not adopt a child of a different race unless it was a child that I already knew who was in trouble.

As to the others, they range from "yes" to "of course."
  • Honestly there is nothing wrong with preferences.. It doesn't make you a racist. I've been with certain girls of X ethnicity and found I didn't mesh well. Being attracted to someone with big boobs doesn't make you a bad person, so why does being attracted to Y race make you a racist? Being attracted to the opposite sex doesn't mean that you hate homosexuals. You can't compare apples and oranges.

Definition of prejudice:

1.opinion formed beforehand: a preformed opinion, usually an unfavorable one, based on insufficient knowledge, irrational feelings, or inaccurate stereotypes
    2.holding of ill-informed opinions: the holding of preformed opinions based on insufficient knowledge, irrational feelings, or inaccurate stereotypes
    3.irrational dislike of somebody: an unfounded hatred, fear, or mistrust of a person or group, especially one of a particular religion, ethnicity, nationality, sexual preference, or social status

It's called personal preference depending on the situation...the original questions are too basic to be connected to real racism.

Not being attracted to Asians or blacks or whatever is neither racist or prejudice..it's personal preference based on what ONE person sees as beautiful.

:flowerforyou:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

How?

I might not be attracted to Asians but it doesn't mean that I don't have Asian friends. How can you equate attraction to being prejudiced, racist or a bigot? I don't find very thin men, men with facial hair, short men, or obese men attractive. Does that make me prejudiced against them too?

And if I want to adopt all Asian children does that make me prejudiced against other races as well?

Your argument is invalid.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member

Nothing wrong with that.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    cant..................find................quarter.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    1. Yes, but I prefer brunettes, is that ok?
    2. Yes, but I prefer to have my own than to adopt
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

How?

I might not be attracted to Asians but it doesn't mean that I don't have Asian friends. How can you equate attraction to being prejudiced, racist or a bigot? I don't find very thin men, men with facial hair, short men, or obese men attractive. Does that make me prejudiced against them too?

And if I want to adopt all Asian children does that make me prejudiced against other races as well?

Your argument is invalid.

Oh the "I have friends that are <insert race here>, I can't possibly be prejudice." Right.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Just because you've never met a person of another race that you'd want to date or marry, doesn't mean that there isn't someone of another race out there that you'd want to date or marry. Being prejudiced is claiming "I would never date anyone of a different race than me," not "I'm not interested in you for XYZ reason." Even celebrities, you can probably think of a person of a different ethnicity than you that you are attracted to physically. My guess is that you are not prejudiced, just particular. :)
This discussion has been closed.