Avocados

Options
MIM49
MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
How many grams or ounces is considered 1 serving of avocado?

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Isn't that subjective? I consider half an avocado to be one serving. Just weigh what you eat. (Don't know if that helps.)
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    it all depends on how much of it you need. I usually use about 25-30 grams for a sandwich or a wrap. That the around the amount i like for that purpose. Use as much as you like, just weigh it and log it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,504 Member
    Options
    Since avocados are higher in calories for a vegetable, I usually consider where I am vis a vis my goal that day. My most common serving is 1/4 avocado (which I weigh & count in grams).
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For the Avo challenge, I don't think it matters. I've logged anywhere from 50g to 80g and they've all counted. For just regular servings, I've been told (don't know how true) that most vegetables and fruits servings are between 75-100g. So if you're just looking for the 3-5 serving per day, I'd say 75g.

Are they showing up under Overall Progress?
    It counted my first one, but not any others that I've eaten on different days.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Isn't that subjective? I consider half an avocado to be one serving. Just weigh what you eat. (Don't know if that helps.)

This is how I approach it. I usually eat half, but if I have lots of calories available that day I might eat a whole one.
  • sallygroundhog
    Options
    Hmm. I'll try changing my entry. Thanks!
  • sallygroundhog
    Options
    That worked. I changed it to avocados, raw, all commercial varieties entry and it's now showing up. Thanks!