Help fill up my workout jar!

Options
i have an empty jar and want to mix up my home workouts, so i decided to fill my jar with exercises that i will draw out to create my workout.

What i have at home that i can use for these exercises are 2lbs, 5lbs, 10lbs and 15lbs dumbbells, resistance bands and a mat.
exercises I already have:
Lung
Plank
Roll up
Bridge
Overhead presses
Sit ups
Side plank
Squat
Crunches
Mountain climbers
Downward dog
Jump squat

Please help me find more exercises. I want to have a wide variety :)

Replies

• adriennemarieb
    adriennemarieb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is a great resource: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

You can filter by muscle group, equipment, etc.
  • adriennemarieb
    adriennemarieb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely add deadlifts and pushups.
  • theresabiggs1
    theresabiggs1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pelvic presses- lay on back, tilt hip up so you are pressing your back into the floor- hold for 10 seconds and release start with 2 sets of ten. Go onto Youtube and search yoga or Pilates and there are a ton of great workouts for free to watch and go along with. ummmm my daughter does these chicken neck things for her physical therapy- pull your chin backwards (keeping your neck straight) then after 10 seconds release neck back to normal position you look kinda like a chicken doing it but it stretches out your neck and shoulders and it supposed to help with fat under the chin even
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Shoulder rotations. You can look some up there are many ways to do them that work different parts of your shoulders.

Also depending on your strength level the weights might be light they might be perfect but you could try dumbbell benching, curls, tricep kickbacks, overhead triceps.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Burpees!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Designing your own program can lead to imbalances unless it's done correctly. For example, your list is deficient in back exercises (rows, deadlifts, etc). It's best to start with a good, pro-designed program, but if you're going to make your own, i suggest reading everything in this guide:
    http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-ultimate-weight-training-workout-routine/

By the way, you'll outgrow those dumbbells pretty quickly for the larger muscle group, so consider getting a pair of adjustable dumbbells that go heavier, or a barbell set. :+1: