microsoft fitness band

Options
purchased micro soft fitness band wondering if anyone else has got one. I work in a kitchen so on the go most of the day but not to raise my heart rate. I wear mine all day its recorded 14302 steps and 1188 calories burnt. Just wondering how accurate they are.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of it or tried it, sorry.
    http://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/the-best-fitness-tracker

That's a great number of steps there. Your job is decently active.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Evening jgnatca thanks for sending me the link. its similar to fitbit its compatable to my mobile phone thats why i got it.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    george7527 wrote: »
    purchased micro soft fitness band wondering if anyone else has got one. I work in a kitchen so on the go most of the day but not to raise my heart rate. I wear mine all day its recorded 14302 steps and 1188 calories burnt. Just wondering how accurate they are.

You may wish to do a quick check on the steps to make sure it isn't recording kitchen arm movements (like chopping or something) as steps.

I think with most fitness trackers, you have to let your weight be your guide for how accurate they are.
  • kcpiegirl
    kcpiegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had one for a few weeks. I did a quick test of steps just walking outside at one point (went 100 steps and then looked to see how many it thought I went) and it was off by two steps. Not awful. Need a better sample than just 100 probably.

By contrast, when running on the treadmill where it can't also use the GPS, it is woefully innaccurate. If the treadmill says I went two miles, it will say I went 2.75 miles. And for some reason the treadmill will think I have burned way more calories doing 2 miles than the Band thinks I've done in the longer distance. Maybe the treadmill is assuming I'm a 180 pound man whereas I've put my actual weight into the Band app so it knows I'm not burning as much?

Not sure. YMMV -- quite literally ;-)