Hmm 1200 calories..???

Options
2»

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Also, remember there are really different strategies people use to try to lose weight, and some of the things like smaller meals might help in certain cases.

Most people don't count calories. A lot of these "tips" are changes that people can make which often tend to also result in an overall reduction in calories. It's like financial advice to pay in cash instead of a debit card. There's no real difference in your overall financial situation between spending $100 in cash or spending $100 on debit, but by using cash, people often become more frugal and choose to spend less than they otherwise would. That's the same kind of thing here - there's nothing magical about eating smaller meals more often, but in some people, they eat less overall when they eat in this pattern.

On the financial analogy, it would be irrelevant whether you used cash or debit if you had a specific budget and you stuck to it, but it could be relevant if you don't have a budget at all. Likewise, if you count calories, it really doesn't matter when you eat them, but if you don't count, the pattern of your eating might influence how much you eat overall.
  • pallavishani
    pallavishani Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Absolutely coreect.however some ppl say u need to havw a gap between your dinner and sleep so that your body can repair while in sleep..

Some people say that vaccines cause autism, that the earth is flat, or that the pyramids were built by aliens. You can't take "some people" at their word. I lose weight quite well and I do mostly the opposite of what "some people" are saying.

I do actually do the post-exercise protein shake - just to make sure my body has a ready source of dietary amino acids at the time it's actually doing the work of repairing my muscle. And because I like it.

ok and then wheb u have ur meals
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Also wat after consuming almost 800 or 900 calories in the day .. i m not hungry at night...and dint wanna eat...is it fine..as 1200 calories has become a tagline...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Also wat after consuming almost 800 or 900 calories in the day .. i m not hungry at night...and dint wanna eat...is it fine..as 1200 calories has become a tagline...

MFP will shout at you if you don't have an intake of 1200 calories, as it's possible / probable you're going short of some nutrition.

If you don't want to eat in the evening make more calorific choices during the day.
  • pallavishani
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

MFP will shout at you if you don't have an intake of 1200 calories, as it's possible / probable you're going short of some nutrition.

If you don't want to eat in the evening make more calorific choices during the day.

Okkkk