Introducing myself looking for inspiration & encouragement

Options
My name is Maddi, I'm 21. In the last 3 years I've gained a total of 30lbs. I started the Kayla Itsines program this week and I've already lost two pounds! I really struggle with self confidence. I would love to hear some other people's stories and just some words of encouragement!!

Replies

• BWFit16
    BWFit16 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You're already in a exercise program so that's a start! The key is setting short and long term goals that you can measure, so that you can track progress and keep you accountable. Consistency is crucial, put in the hard work and you will be rewarded. Best of luck!
  • JFinn26
    JFinn26 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ^ yes...what he said. Remember, it's a long term process, so don't get bummed if you see maybe a pound a week. Keep in mind, it's a lifestyle change, not a crash diet fad...
  • paadr1
    paadr1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! At least you've made a good start! Slow progress is better than no progress!!!! Keep it up, feel free to add me for motivation too!
  • lilkirs
    lilkirs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome Maddi. You've already done the first step by signing up to fitnesspal. It's a great way to log calories and meet people who are going through the same issues. I to have self confidence issues! Just take one day at a time. Like the guys say it's a long term process! Good luck on your journey