Premium

Options
has anyone paid for premium on here? Thoughts?

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I do for 3 reasons. 1: I prefer to configure my macro nutrients by grams, instead of percentages. 2: I dislike to waste money, so when the going gets tough; I won't quit because of the money. 3: I dislike advertisments, I know there're apps, that cease them for free but some websites like Hulu (when I had an account), wouldn't allow you to watch; if you did block the ads & I suspect that more websites, including this 1; might eventually implement the same requirement.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    1: I prefer to configure my macro nutrients by grams, instead of percentages.

There is a workaround for this, and that can be done without paying for it.

2: I dislike to waste money, so when the going gets tough; I won't quit because of the money.

That's a legitimate reason, can't argue with that, if that's what you think you need.

3: I dislike advertisments, I know there're apps, that cease them for free but some websites like Hulu (when I had an account), wouldn't allow you to watch; if you did block the ads & I suspect that more websites, including this 1; might eventually implement the same requirement.

There is no requirement on this site to disable adblockers. Even if you do encounter websites that require that you disable adblockers to use them, you can enter that website as an exemption in your adblocker.
  • chubbyguy11
    chubbyguy11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you pay for premium on the Macros is Fiber an option? It doesn't look like it is automatically I guess it could be entered manually.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you pay for premium on the Macros is Fiber an option? It doesn't look like it is automatically I guess it could be entered manually.

Fiber is on the free version you just need to add it to the things displayed if it's missing - drop down boxes top left of http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings on the web site.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Fiber is on the free version you just need to add it to the things displayed if it's missing - drop down boxes top left of http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings on the web site.

Only issue that to add fibre you have to drop something already being tracked. You have a set number of items that can be displayed, which is a pity because I would add fibre to mine too.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »

Only issue that to add fibre you have to drop something already being tracked. You have a set number of items that can be displayed, which is a pity because I would add fibre to mine too.

true, there are five parameters shown at once. Premium has more display options on the app I believe in the form of a home screen "remaining" display of selectable macros.