Need some success stories with guidance and motivation!!

Hi guys,
I was jus going through some of the success stories and I need to know if it would work for me too. I am 231 lbs and would need to lose a whopping 76lbs!! I am also a mother for a 6month who is bfed! I need to lose weight as I am developing health issues and I am only 26! Please help . Some exercise plan u can share wit me would be good. I find the plans available online to be tiring me mainly due to my lack of physical activity,and also the people doing those sort of exercises are pretty fit,it's easy for them and not for me.please help.

Replies

• Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Hi, good on you for breast feeding still. Fantastic effort. The best advice to give you would be to begin walking around the block. No jogging just walking and bring bubs with you in the stroller. Go for approx 30 minutes. Try this for few weeks and see how you go. Also log your food into myfitnesspal. Eat protein with each meal, drink 10 cups of water. And most important one is to love who you are in your body. Hope that helps you a bit.
  • muhsina89
    muhsina89 Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks for ur kind word!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    I agree with the walking. Walking around the block, walking around the mall, walking around the grocery store. Try to keep walking as much as you can. 6 months is a great age to ride along in the stroller. Work on cutting calories as well, but don't go too extreme since you are BFing. You can do this. :)
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Walking is a great way to start. Log all of your food on mfp. Be honest about it. Buy a scale and start weighing your food. It takes time but you can do this. I started at 224 at the end of May. I currently weigh 180.4. My goal is to get down to 140.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Fat fingers posted by mistake. Join some groups on here. 50+ pounds to lose is a great one. There are also groups where you can join a weight loss challenge. Search through the groups and find some that seem like a good fit. Finally make some friends here for support. I'll send you a friend request. You can do this!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    I've lost a little over 60 pounds so far, with realistically a hundred or more to go. What I do that works:

1. I pre-plan every day the night before and I log the food ahead of time.
    2. I use a digital scale to measure out the portions I chose the prior day.
    3. I save a few hundred extra calories for some snacks that I choose when I feel like it.
    4. Apart from those snacks (which must fit in the remaining calories for the day) I only eat exactly what's on the plan, no more and no less.
    5. I workout three days a week. I start with about a half hour resistance training session (I do ~10 exercises and do them at a resistance where I can only finish 8-12 before fatigue). I then do some HIIT.

On the HIIT: At first this was very minimally "High Intensity" - we're talking 10-second bursts of intense exercise with 40 seconds of low-intensity active rest in between. As your heart improves you can increase the amount of time you spend doing intense exercise and reduce the resting intervals. I like 30/20/10 as a long-term way to maintain the cardiovascular fitness gains I've made - 30 seconds low intensity, 20 seconds moderate intensity, 10 seconds high intensity. Do five reps (five minutes) per set and take a two minute rest between sets. At first one set might be too much, but when you get better cardiovascular fitness you can go up to three or four sets, which should be enough for anyone unless you're a pro athlete really trying to get maximum cardiovascular fitness.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    After I had my little girl, I started to exercise and diet. I must admit, she wasn't a sleeper for a good while! And my brain is always "all or nothing". I overwhelmed myself with it all and I ended up quitting. She's now 2 and I've started up again.

In hindsight I wish I had spent my time concentrating on planning my meals and staying in calories, and then thrown in the odd pram walk when it suited. If I'd have done that, I'd probably be a lot lighter already.

Food is 80% of the battle, you can always add exercise in as you go along.

Something I'm finding works for me this week is a dumbell routine. I just warm up and do the major movements (squats, deadlifts, rows) and it only takes me 30 mins so I have 2 opportunities in the day to fit it in (nap time or after bedtime). Only do it 3 times a week also. On days I between we go for walks with the pushchair, usually to find ducks! Or play chase in the park.

X

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!