Too little?

Options
Sorry, might be long!
10 months ago I gave birth. During my pregnancy I gained a massive 4 stone! I was classed as underweight before getting pregnant, ranging from 7.5lbs to 8st. At my heaviest I was around 12.2lbs. I admit I haven't been doing alot other than running around after my daughter (single mum, kinda tiring haha) but I'm ready to get back on track! I currently weigh around 10.4lbs and my goal is to get down to 9st. I think I've got my diet more under control although could definitely do with new recipes and snack ideas. I've also signed up to a spinning class once a week (45 minutes) and a body combat class, also once a week (60 minutes). Which brings me to my actual question, is this enough exercise to actually give me steady results along with my diet? I'm restricted to only a few evenings a week as to when I'm baby free on a regular basis. But I'm worried it's not enough! I seriously lack motivation to do home workouts!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit for weight loss
    Exercise for cardiovascular health

You lose weight purely from being in a calorie deficit. Whether you exercise or not is up to you. That being said, make sure you replenish those lost calories from exercise so that you keep your body properly fueled.