Hi! I'm new!

Options
Hi! I'm new to My Fitness Pal! My name is MaryAnn and I need lose 50+ pounds. I'm looking for friends who will help me in my journey, as I will return the favor with yours.

Replies

• kennedyflynn
    kennedyflynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mary. I need to lose 75+. Keep in contact.
    I am fro the Toronto area.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm trying to lose 50+ pounds as well! :)
  • tanbarie
    tanbarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Tanya. Only been on MFP for two weeks. Would love to get some new friends on this lifestyle change journey. Hope you are all having a blessed holiday season :)
  • Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 46 and menopausal. I had lost 20 pounds on weight watchers but am slowly gaining it back! 11 pounds to be exact. I am blaming menopause mostly but I also stopped tracking which really does make a difference!! I had quit WW since I had stopped tracking for so long. Heard about MFP and going to give it another try! Just looking to find some people with similar issues. The creeping menopausal pounds! Definitely harder to get rid of them!
  • davidbkitchensr
    davidbkitchensr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also new.
  • agnes_giovanni
    agnes_giovanni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 28 and I need to lose 31kg to reach my proportional weight of 55kg. Previously I managed to reach 75kg but then jump higher to 86kg now.
    I always like food and it's my go to thing when life got messy. And then I will stop exercise as well. At least now I realise that after using calorie count.
    Hopefully I manage to get in shape before turning 30. People said it become harder the older you get. Is that true?
    But most of all I want to feel good again. Overweight made me feel lazy/sluggish.
    It'll be great to have new friends in here :)
  • susanhtaylor94
    susanhtaylor94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lilmamawoz wrote: »
    Hi!
    I am 46 and menopausal. I had lost 20 pounds on weight watchers but am slowly gaining it back! 11 pounds to be exact. I am blaming menopause mostly but I also stopped tracking which really does make a difference!! I had quit WW since I had stopped tracking for so long. Heard about MFP and going to give it another try! Just looking to find some people with similar issues. The creeping menopausal pounds! Definitely harder to get rid of them!

Hi Lilmamawoz. I'm 46 and can be your menopause buddy! Creeping pounds, temperature fluctuations and mood swings like nothing I've had before. What a club to belong to!!!
  • Lilmamawoz
    Options
    Lilmamawoz wrote: »
    Hi!

Hi Lilmamawoz. I'm 46 and can be your menopause buddy! Creeping pounds, temperature fluctuations and mood swings like nothing I've had before. What a club to belong to!!!

Quite the club! SOME of The creeping pounds I will take accountability for because I had stopped tracking but really menopause and age is making it harder to lose! I have to work so much harder at it!
  • susanhtaylor94
    susanhtaylor94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to tackle my low mood and poor sleep with some dietary changes and supplements. I'm hoping that if I feel better in myself I will then have the motivation to tackle the creeping pounds! I must get back to tracking too. Good luck
  • Lilmamawoz
    Options
    You too!! My flashes come in waves for days at a time and then won't have for weeks. So crazy. Moods are not too bad but my family may feel differently...lol! Sleep has been ok except when flashing waves. Making healthy low Cal dinner now. Have a good night!