Oil Mister/Sprayer

Options
andyluvv
andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
edited December 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey there,

So I have bought an oil mister from amazon recently and I was wondering about a couple of things:
a) Have you got one? The oil seems to work fine but the balsamic vinegar I put in it doesn't mist AT ALL! I've even tried adding water. Any tips? Have you tried to use it when infusing herbs?

b) Do you add water to the oil? A spray would be about 1 or 2 calories, wouldn't it? So I don't get why some people add water...is it necessary?

Thanks!

31ya0EROjQL._SY355_.jpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lacor-Dual-Vinegar-Bottle-Spray/dp/B00DM2ZNXC/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1449351576&sr=8-23&keywords=oil+mister

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    to know the right amount of calories you have to do a one time test

weigh out in grams your oil. and save this number make here a log of it in MFP.

Now when you use your spray the next time you do it this way

1.Put the spray on the scale...first
    2.Put on the scale
    3.Spray the amount you need
    4.Put spray back on scale
    5.The (negative) number is the amount of grams you used with spraying.
    6. log it with the number of grams and walla the right amount of calories shows up

So because you know by the test you did before go every time to your recent entry of the oil in grams add this entry with the amount you used every time.

And i think that a spray of olive oil is a bit more than 1 or 2 calories Even a lot more if you calculate that only a spoon is quickly 170 calories.

95069916.png