70lbs to go, want to gain strength & kick *kitten* in a wetsuit!

Options
Who's on for joining me on a journey of support, motivation, fun and learning?! :#

Rose here, I'm 34 and just over 15stone and I'm fed up of not fitting clothes, having weight hold me back and feeling tired. I love to cook but I also respect practical options. I have plenty of nutrition knowledge (but I don't alway make the best choices) and I have a cupboard full of herbs and spices. I injured my ankle a few years back and am still recovering post surgery 2 years ago (so it def rules out running and walking is still a bit of an issue, any recommendations for exercises for ankle injury is welcome).

I started dating a gamer this year which has brought lots of happiness but also some bad habits (we're so much better behaved with food when we're not together but we're working on this). I have also rediscovered swimming through him, total immersion (TI) if you have any interest in swimming and aren;t already swimming TI def check it out, it's epic! But I'm not strong enough yet for swimming to be effective cardio (I have some dusty kettlebells that could do with some TLC......and I like strength training, just need to work on the habit part).

My big goal apart from the weight loss is to get my level 3 kayaking cert, to be strong and fit enough to really enjoy the river and develop hips that Shakira would be proud of (big thing in kayaking).

I'm a people person and I'm on for motivating others but I'm also looking for folks to support me, share a laugh and give me a kick in the *kitten* to keep doing counter press ups (and eventually grownup press ups!).

Best wishes all and ad me if you think we'd make a good match (and even if you possibly don't think we have lots in common but we can help each other - I'm going for supportive but realistic). ;)

Replies

• MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Not that I or my husband like gaming, but feeling too heavy, not being capable to buy neat clothes, not paying attention to what I eat and starting to swim again, which I also have to do from square one because of a back injury. Good luck with your journey, may it be a happy one! :)