Belly fat won't budge

Options
christyltrujillo
christyltrujillo Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've been on a yo-yo routine for about a year now. Lose a few, gain a few. About 7 months ago I tried Zerona laser and now my lower tummy is AWFUL! Right now I'm just trying to focus on overall fat loss (looking to permanently lose 20lbs) but I'm worried nothing will help my tummy. :(

This is so hard. Trying to eat right and exercise while working, being a parent and trying to find the time to write as well. Sometimes I feel like something's gotta give and most days I feel like it's me.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    For many people, stomach fat is the last to go. With 20 lbs to lose, you are nowhere near the point of seeing it go. It's a harsh reality of weight loss but it should actually make you feel a bit better to know that having a disproportionately high amount of stomach fat at this point is completely normal.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    Yo-yo dieting often results in lower than average lean body mass. Following a lifting or body weight exercise program can help correct that.
  • markvflynn
    markvflynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Both previous responses are correct. Try an alternating daily workout routine of strength one day then high intensity intervals the next.
  • christyltrujillo
    Options
    Thank you! I was just focusing on cardio but will add some strength training in an well. :)