Sugar is my DRUG

Options
Day 1 Paleo-ish today.
I usually eat clean 70% of the time but now I'm trying to get up to 90%. This means no chocolate or biscuits - my vice. (I can easily get through 1000 calories worth a day, from eating exercise back)
I've been eating well and feeling awesome all day, except when it got to about an hour ago when I was/am craving sugar so much my head was thumping and all I could think about was my boyfriends stash 3 metres away from me in the kitchen cupboard. Ffs I only had dinner an hour ago!
Solution - Left over chicken from Nandos 2 days ago, a handful of carefully weighed strawberries and a up of tea. Seems to be doing the trick, kind of, so far, but still feel a bit dizzy.

PLEASE someone tell me this will get better!?! I feel like sugar's b***h.

Replies

• emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my daughter just gave up sugar for 10 days only allowing for fruit and some creamer in her coffee. She said she had terrible headaches and no energy for the first 5 days but it got better over time. Good luck!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight (& am maintaining by eating South Beach style). I chose it because I had a sugar problem, too. The first two weeks involved no carbs, other than what you get in veggies. it was really tough for the first 4 or 5 days, but then it got easier. The cravings for sugar really did go away, so it was worth the withdrawal. Hang in there!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It's hard but it will get better! I think it took me about a week or so and then I didn't feel like I was thinking about it ALL the time.
  • gem5639
    gem5639 Posts: 90
    Options
    I eat Paleo. I thought sugar would be hard to give up but I have found it ok. When you get the craving eat something high protein low fat and usually 9 times out of 10 it goes away :)