Hi just joined here. This is my story

Hi all,

This is my first serious attempt at losing weight after feeling disgusted with myself at the weekend when I got on the scales...

I'm 38 and have recently been retired from a public sector role due to post traumatic stress and depression

I stared taking anti depressants 12 months ago and have slowly put on around a stone in weight. My "natural" weight has always been around 11 stone I have never really gone much over that until now.
I am now 11stone 10 pounds which for me disgusts me. I am 5'7 and am an active person I ride horses, dog walk each days ( up to 3 miles) and have recently started cycling. Due to this weight gain I have also been running this evening (3 miles) and I intend to do more cycling and also I have ordered the 30 day shred DVD

As far as food goes over the last 8 months really I've totally pigged out. I know exactly why I've gained weight and make no effort to hide the fact that I have eaten lots of bread, cakes,chocolate and crisps.
However during my life as I've usually been pretty active I've more or less been able to eat what I like and have stated around the 11 stone mark.

Last year I went down to 10 stone 6 on slimming world diet but eventually got fed up and started eating rubbish again.

I plan to be 11 stone in 3 weeks when I'm away on a hen do and beyond that my goal is to get between 10 and 10 and a half stones

I do have some photos that I'd like to post so that people can compare how I look now to hopefully how I look in 30 days after the 30 day shred plan and a 1000 calorie a day diet incorporatin slim fast in to that.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips that they think could help me lose the initial 10 pounds to get me back to 11 stone in 3 weeks?
I am also doing the cleanse 9 detox from next week to kick start those pounds off!!!

Thanks.
MR x

Replies

• Twinklegirl34
    Twinklegirl34 Posts: 59 Member
    Hiya and welcome! Feel free to add me, I log every day with open diary. 30 day shred is my absolute favourite go to, u will love/hate it!
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    My suggestion is to eat higher calories, especially being so active. Eat high protein, you'll need it doing the 30 day shred. You should visit http://iifym.com/calculators/ to find out what you BMR and TDEE are and stay between those to calorie points everyday. I

A common misconception is to starve yourself, when in fact with the right fuel you're body will shed fat and build muscle. 1000 calories just isn't enough. Initially you will lose, but you're body will eventually stop dropping weight and hold onto what you eat, your metabolism will slow down from the lack of food. Please do some research before committing to a 1000 calorie diet.

Please don't take offense. Feel free to add me as a friend or message me if you have any questions. I was one of the people who was starving myself to no avail I'm now steadily losing weigh and 95% of the time i'm not hungry. That other 5% well, that just 1 week a month. :)
  • carlogs619
    carlogs619 Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome to MFP, if you need motivation I can help. You do need more protein in your life, add me if you want I log on everyday and have open diary. Good luck on your journey.