RESIST THE COOKIES...

Options
I just baked some cookies because I felt like baking. I scraped off all the remaining dough on the bowl and ate it. Now I am trying not to eat the cookies. They smell so good... planning to give them to my husband to share with his co-workers.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why not fit one or two into your calorie goal?

I had 2 cookies today. Had 3 yesterday. I made them fit and they were yummy. Moderation. It's your friend. Especially during the Holidays.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I bake all the time, because I can't go too long without doing that! Then I freeze everything for later or get it out of the house (bring to meetings or whatever). I also tend to bake a lot of things that I can't eat, like chocolate - most people like that but I'm allergic to it, so it's safe to bake and know that it will be for others. Cookies would be a trigger food for me, so I couldn't safely plan on factoring one or two a day into my allowance.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I had 2 cookies today. Had 3 yesterday. I made them fit and they were yummy. Moderation. It's your friend. Especially during the Holidays.

Yep.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you log for your cookie dough?
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I balance out dough & cookie consumption with lower calories on other days. There are creative ways to eat the cookies! (And enjoy them too. :) )
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    My daughter is coming home from school next weekend to do some holiday baking. I've already bought a bunch of holiday-themed takeout containers so she can take some back with her and give them to friends. I'll keep some here of course, but most of them will be going to hungry college students. :wink:
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    My daughter is coming home from school next weekend to do some holiday baking. I've already bought a bunch of holiday-themed takeout containers so she can take some back with her and give them to friends. I'll keep some here of course, but most of them will be going to hungry college students. :wink:

Homemade baked goods are a rare and wonderful thing. Those students are gonna love you & your daughter!

It always rankles at our church bake sales when people just run to the grocery and buy stuff to sell. I'm old school that way: a bake sale means homemade!! But apparently not anymore. Sigh.

• booksandchocolate12
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Homemade baked goods are a rare and wonderful thing. Those students are gonna love you & your daughter!

It always rankles at our church bake sales when people just run to the grocery and buy stuff to sell. I'm old school that way: a bake sale means homemade!! But apparently not anymore. Sigh.

Do you remember the TV show Murphy Brown? Her kid has a school bake sale and she buys Oreos and just scrapes the name off of them. :smiley:
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time baking and not overeating. Trying to find a balance of doing what I enjoy while staying with the calorie goal. It's tough. I am experimenting with single serving baking. Make a tasty treat without a bunch leftover that has to be resisted.

I want to be able to have cookie dough in the fridge and bake a couple when I have the calories available. I am not there yet but I am beginning to think it might be possible if I keep working on why I overeat.
  • princessirakeita00
    Options
    Hello
    It's ok to let your mouth have fun sometime.
    But put in mind that to much "Sugar" can be bad... so go easy on it girl.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I would love to agree here, but the Op did say she already ate the left over dough. Left over dough plus cookies? Nope. For me it would be one or the other (and hands down raw dough would win every time). Doesn't sound like she is depriving herself.
    Hello

Why is too much sugar "bad" of the op has no medical problems that would cause her to have to restrict her sugar intake?
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    Hello

No, actually simply eating too much food can be "bad" - i.e., lead to being over weight. Please let's not call out sugar again (and again and again and again...)

• elphie754
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Ack! No no no no!!!! A bake sale totally means home made!!!! Store bought is just not the same. If you volunteer for a bake sale, you need to bake.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready for a cookie exchange this coming weekend; been experimenting with all-oat flour cookies for my friend's sister, who has celiac disease, and this means I've been test-tasting for about 3 weeks now. I think I just hit the right combination for nice texture and taste, but now have a refrigerator shelf loaded with the more successful experiments! There are only so many that my five year old nephew (who likes them: good sign!) will or should eat.
  • elphie754
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »
    I'm getting ready for a cookie exchange this coming weekend; been experimenting with all-oat flour cookies for my friend's sister, who has celiac disease, and this means I've been test-tasting for about 3 weeks now. I think I just hit the right combination for nice texture and taste, but now have a refrigerator shelf loaded with the more successful experiments! There are only so many that my five year old nephew (who likes them: good sign!) will or should eat.

Have you ever tried cup4cup flour? It's rice/tapioca flour. I find it is a wonderful flour to bake with. I'm allergic to oat (gluten free or not) so can't used oat flour. I have found that people can't even tell the baked goods are gluten free.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you... I baked about 15 different kinds of cookies/bars/fudges last year for christmas and I ate WAY TOO MUCH.

I just can't enjoy that stuff responsibly :(

What can I say, I'm talented in the kitchen!
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Have you ever tried cup4cup flour? It's rice/tapioca flour. I find it is a wonderful flour to bake with. I'm allergic to oat (gluten free or not) so can't used oat flour. I have found that people can't even tell the baked goods are gluten free.

No, I haven't yet, but I will now - thanks for the suggestion!
  • elphie754
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

No, I haven't yet, but I will now - thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome! They also have other mixes (like pizza dough) but I haven't really tried them. Glutino also has some awesome mixes. I love their brownie mix. I have also tried their bread mix and pancake mix, both of which I have loved. Schar is another great company (out of Italy so the standards are stricter), but they don't make mixes (at least I haven't seen them). They make excellent breadcrumbs though, and it's the only pasta that tastes "normal" to me. All 3 companies I have never had an issue with cross contamination before.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've made two batches of dough so far, and I'll do another today, one or two more shortly. They'll sit in the fridge and get rolled out and cooked over the next week or so (then half of them will get frozen for giving away and eating on Christmas. But all of them do get entered into the recipe builder and once I bake them and can accurately enter servings, I'll update that. But based on estimates so far, they're definitely in a calorie range that can fit into my plans. Which is good cuz those gingerbread men were getting eaten come hell or high water.

Cookie season rocks.
  • johnhenry883
    johnhenry883 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    tatjanak87 wrote: »
    I just baked some cookies because I felt like baking. I scraped off all the remaining dough on the bowl and ate it. Now I am trying not to eat the cookies. They smell so good... planning to give them to my husband to share with his co-workers.

My rational is if you eat all of the cookies than there wont be any more cookies to tempt you!