Looking for friends who are 240+ & proactive!

Options
jessicapk
jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
Looking for like minded friends who are in for the long haul!
I started out weighing 275 and finally got the kick in the rear that my life needed a few weeks ago. I'm 30 years old, work in a desk job, like to get out and be active when I have time, and am not a huge health nut but am very knowledgeable and try to treat my body with respect. I limit myself to 1700 calories a day right now to keep things on a nice even pace and don't have a problem with splurging every so often as long as I fall under my calories burned for the day. I believe life is all about balance and try to avoid any extremes. I log into MFP at least once a day and always check in on the people I have friended so far. It is amazing what the encouragement of others can do for you. And it's always great to share ideas and recipes, too!

Replies

• DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New to the site...feel free to add me. As you can tell by my ticker...in for the long haul.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thats me :-( I am wayy past 240 but working my way down :smile: Feel free to add me. as anyone can :flowerforyou:
  • Kamatayan
    Kamatayan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started out at 415 and I am down to 370.

I try to be supportive and motivate. So if anyone is looking for a friend to cheer them on, send me an invite.
  • rdahlquist42
    rdahlquist42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me, I could always use a little extra motivation! It can make all the difference some days that's for sure. Congrats on everyones progress so far!
  • SHEEZLUVLLY
    SHEEZLUVLLY Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi . Feel free to invite me I am also over 240 and could use more motivation, Good luck
  • Doxeydoxie
    Doxeydoxie Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me as your friend. I truly understand! :flowerforyou:
  • coolnurse75
    coolnurse75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello there!! im at the 268 mark and the past week i had a wake up call. i saw what i really look like in a mirror. i work in a busy inner city er where the food is aplenty but not the best selection due to grab and go. i finally feel ready to tackle this. im actually excited about this adventure this time, unlike yrs past. im looking for all the support i can get and am willing to support back. ur more than welcome to add me if u would like :flowerforyou:
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm on daily, very dedicated, feel free to add me, I could always use more support!
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mtmom2
    mtmom2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am 27 and at 240 right now. I got a wake up call when my husband and I decided to have another baby and I realized that I was not in the right shape to have a baby right now. Looking for support along the way.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 244 (started at 259) and looking to lose about 50 more pounds!
  • Nett42
    Nett42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I have a ways to go also. I signed up about 2 months ago, but sometimed find it difficult to log on everyday, but I keep trying to keep up.
  • amydelissa
    amydelissa Posts: 26
    Options
    Anyone can add me, if you like. I'm 36 and have about 105 pounds to lose.
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm around 240 right now (started at 283) and I'm currently getting back into my routine! feel free to add me!
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sending request now. I started at 270, but am now at 224. I've still got a ways to go. I'm able to give support if you are willing to do the same!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    OP and anyone else feel free to add me. ????
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm very active on here every single day. MFP is my go-to drug on this health journey. Feel free to add me! Same for anybody else.
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same boat, I'm working on losing about 90 and begin training today for a 5k in November. I had major surgery on my foot, ankle, and calf last November and want to close out the year on a high note. Anyone feel free to add me as well!
  • JoshuaHilbish
    JoshuaHilbish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When my wife left I was 380+ I hit the ground running and in a short time I dropped to 275 ... then I got complacent and lazy and went back up to 300 ... when I started MFP I was 296 and today I weighed in at 271.2 the least amount I have weighed in 10 years + .. my goal right now is to make it to 240 and then after that I'll try to reach 200 at that weight I should be a normal weight for my height.

You can do it! after awhile the change becomes habit and habit becomes a lifestyle
    feel free to add me
    Best of luck
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well, 6'1" and have about 125 lbs to lose. Shooting for a mini goal of 50 for now. Feel free to add me! :) Looking for people who are active on MFP, positive and encouraging.