What time do people get up?

Options
I get up at 04:35 to train at the gym and then go to work. It is never easy to get up but feels like the best part of the day once I'm up and at work. Just wondered if anyone else got up at a similar time!

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    When I worked out before I injured my knee I got up at 4am on weekdays to workout before homeschooling my daughter ....now I get up at 5am every weekday and up by 7am on weekends
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:40. Not as early as some, but it always FEELS like the middle of the night. Once I get to the gym I'm glad I did though.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4.15. Usually by 4.30 I'm at my gym warming up. On my rest days I'm up by about 5.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have to laugh as sometimes I am going to bed at these hours or later!! I did used to work days and get up at 4:15am, but that never worked for me I am a night owl by nature! Getting up earl for me is 10am!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My brain is stupid and I generally wake for the day anywhere from 1:30-2:00am. I consider anything past 2:30 to be "sleeping in."

But I don't go out for any kind of purposeful exercise until 4:00 or later (although now that we've cleared off the dreadmill for the winter, I guess I could go whenever I jolly well want to)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In about 20 mins :)

Just letting my breakfast in bed digest

(Oh it's Sunday and 10am here)

Weekdays I'm awake at 5 and up at 6, generally weekends by 8 or 9
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally an early bird. I'm usually always awake by 4:30. Whether or not I go ahead and get up depends on the day and how comfortable (or not) I am just resting -- weekdays I get up. Weekends -- maybe not. But I prefer to wait a bit to exercise. Except the dog and I do head out early for a walk in the summer. If we don't do it before the sun comes up it'll be too hot for it to ever happen.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My husband is up by 5:30 and out of the house by about 5:40 for the gym. The kids usually wake-up at 5:41 and wake me up before 6am. I don't get to the gym until 9am though...b/c stuff.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A more material question is probably around how much sleep you're getting.

I train in the evenings and don't usually get to bed until after midnight, so I'm generally not getting up until about 0530-0600.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't have work until 10am, so I'm usually up around 7, at the gym by 8, and headed to work by 9:30. It's why I took the later shift. :smile: I couldn't see myself getting up at 5!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Up at 530AM. I have a 1/2 cup coffee and 1/2 cup cheerios. Exercise at 6AM, either DVD or treadmill. Shower, snack and work from home at 8AM. Working from home is PRICELESS!!!!!! It gives me so much extra time daily. On the weekends it is much more relaxed and I am not on a schedule.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I get up at 04:35 to train at the gym and then go to work. It is never easy to get up but feels like the best part of the day once I'm up and at work. Just wondered if anyone else got up at a similar time!

Nope, not me. I am done getting up that early in the morning. I prefer to go to the gym in the mid afternoon, the exceptions are twice a week morning fitness classes that start at 9AM; and when I was in the work force, I used to exercise after work.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a morning person. I typically get up about 6:45 and am at work by 8:00 a.m. But about once every week or two the only time I can get to the pool when it's open is in the morning, and so on those days, I set the clock for 5:45 to be at the pool by 6:15. 75 minute swim; another 20 minutes or so to shower and dress, a short 5 minute walk from pool to office, and I can still be at my desk by 8:00.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Mon, Wednesday, Friday I'm up at 5 and on the treadmill (at home) by 5:30. I get in a 3.5 mi run, shower, get the kids ready for school and out the door by 7:10 for work/school. Tuesday and Thursday I get up at 6:15 pack a gym bag, get the oldest ready for school and we are out the door by 7:10. We drop her off and me and the little ones go to the gym and run errands.

The weekends vary depending on what is going on. Yesterday (Saturday) I was up by 6 to go for a run, because we had to be somewhere by 8am. We generally sleep in until 7 or 8 depending on how loud the kids are if we don't have any where to be.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OMG you people are killing me. I work second shift so sometimes don't get home until 2 AM. I get up the first time at 5:30 to get the kids off to school, but go back to bed as soon as they're out the door. I get up the second time (what I consider to be MY "getting up" time) usually around 10:30 - 11 AM. For me, sleeping in is noon, but that never happens unless I'm sick.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    So many early birds! Tips for getting up early ??
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    7:30 am weekdays. No desire whatsoever to get up any earlier than that. You'd have to pay me a whole pile of money.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I get up at 7:10 and leave the house at exactly 7:38. I am the worst morning person.
  • lilygarcia3
    lilygarcia3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All of you guys seriously inspire me. I want to get into the routine of waking up early and getting to the gym. Definitely! It's going to be one of the things i push myself to do and still head to work by 7. Any tips on which machines to use or a sample layout of a workout?
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I work nights so I get up at weird times. 1 pm, 4 pm, 4am when I trying to switch back to days, some days I'll go to bed at 8 pm and don't wake up until 3 pm the next day. I just go to the gym at weird times. It's never consistent.