Not going anywhere...

Options
Hi Everybody!

Happy Hump Day :) I'm writing here because I kind of feel like complaining and at the same time need some advice on what I'm doing wrong.

Here's the story: This is my second run on MFP. First time was last year. I lost 15lbs with no problems, sticking to the calories and working out like a maniac.

But then I figured I was happy with where I was, I felt like I've improved my eating habits and learned a lot about nutrition, exercise and whatnot. And I left.

A couple of weeks ago, after realizing I have gained 4lbs back (never having hit my goal weight) and not feeling so fit/healthy, I decided to come back.

Now I know I don't have a lot to lose. However, since starting back on MFP three/four weeks ago, and sticking to it like last time, I am not losing anything! :(

After the first week I weighed myself and it looked like I lost 2.4lbs but then week two and three were back to start or half a pound to a pound less than at the start. And it's not moving anywhere.

What am I doing wrong? Please tell me! I exercise and eat well (I allow myself not to count the calories 1 day a week but it's not like I go to town on fast foods or anything crazy).

My diary is open, you can view it.

I just want to understand what it is that I'm doing wrong or NOT doing so I can fix it.

Thank you all in advance for any tips!!!

Helena

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't set to public.
  • helenanj
    helenanj Posts: 13
    Options
    My bad! It's set to public now :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No it's not. How tall are you to want to be 115?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My bad! It's set to public now :)

It's still not public. How many calories per day do you eat (total and net)? What activity level are you set at (sedentary, lightly active, etc.)? How many lbs did you say you wanted to loser per week? What type of workouts do you do and how often?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    What you're not doing is being patient. You have 4lbs to lose? It's going to be slow. Very slow. And it sounds like after 2 weeks you're down a total of 1/2lb or 1lb? That's a great rate to be losing. Patience is the piece you're missing.
  • helenanj
    Options
    Arghhh it should be public now! I hope! These settings are confusing...

I'm 5'4''.

I work a desk job, I'm supposed to do 1200 net calories and I'm usually below that.
    I bike, roller skate, do Zumba and treadmill for the most part...
  • hannahjames295
    hannahjames295 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I can't add any advice, I'm stuck in the same sort of rut...
    Lost 2lb week 1, another 3lb week 2, then gained 1lb and been stuck there for about 4 weeks now.
    I'll admit there seems to be a lot of sugars nearly every day, and not being consistent with exercise which I'm really working on now, but would like some advice re macros.
    Any help greatly appreciated, sorry for jumping in OP, but hopefully it'll help us both and others :flowerforyou:
  • helenanj
    Options
    Patience is not my strength, unfortunately. The reason I'm worried is that last year i did this I felt much easier.
    And I'm trying to lose 13lbs, not 4lbs
  • helenanj
    Options
    I'm afraid I can't add any advice, I'm stuck in the same sort of rut...
    Lost 2lb week 1, another 3lb week 2, then gained 1lb and been stuck there for about 4 weeks now.
    I'll admit there seems to be a lot of sugars nearly every day, and not being consistent with exercise which I'm really working on now, but would like some advice re macros.
    Any help greatly appreciated, sorry for jumping in OP, but hopefully it'll help us both and others :flowerforyou:

Np problem! Hopefully we'll both get some help :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set your cals to lose 1/2lb per week, add some strength training to your exercise routine would be my main advice
  • helenanj
    Options
    Set your cals to lose 1/2lb per week, add some strength training to your exercise routine would be my main advice

Thank you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Your diet pretty healthy to me, though you are low on calories some days. Adding some strength training is a good idea. Weights, body weight, resistance bands, something like that depending on your goals.

Patience is hard, but I think that's all you need.
  • teresabice
    teresabice Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are doing everything right, it takes time. You are close to your goal weight. I have gone from 245 pounds to 174 pounds. This last 10 pounds has taken me 6 months. The main thing is you are already healthy. This tool gives you a way to monitor that and look back over time. If you had been using it while you were gaining weight, I would be more concerned. The fact is you aren't gaining any longer. You were now you aren't so already you are striding in the right direction instead of backwards. :happy:
  • helenanj
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and advice!
    I think what I need to work on the hardest is my patience! haha

I will ask a trainer at my gym to sprinkle some strength training into my routine. I wouldn't know where to start myself as I've always only done cardio...