23/female/5'7/need to lose 80lbs/keto dieting

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Emily. I am a SAHM and I'm doing to Keto diet to lose weight. My best friend is getting married July 2017 and I'm a bridesmaid and want to look great in time for her wedding. I would love to add more friends for support and motivation.

Replies

• ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, good to start ahead of time. :) All the best to you in your journey
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" as well. I think I have 15lbs more to lose, but I love seeing what new things others are trying.
  • cas_sandra1
    cas_sandra1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Will you be following a Keto lifestyle? I've just began mine about 6 weeks ago. I have about 80-100 pounds to lose. My profile pic is from 2010 before three babies I've had in 2012,2013 & 2015 :)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are a number of well informed people here familiar with the keto diet as well as weight loss in general. Just brace yourself for the regular group that will come in to tell you about how you don't have to do keto, assume you have an unhealthy relationship with food, tell you you're crazy for not eating cookies, etc. It happens here. Often.

Here is one of the recent insult fest... err.. I mean threads on the issue. You can probably find some resources in there from people that are using a keto diet, and possibly some of the groups that have keto diet users in them.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10287917/can-someone-please-explain-this-keto-business#latest