Ebb and Flow

Options
I don't visit the boards often and almost never post. This morning I was a little board and drifted back to the boards. I have been in maintenance for a little over two years and thought I would share my experience with others. I lost about 70 pounds total.

I went into maintenance when I hit 195 (I'm 6'1" male). I work out regularly and am fairly fit. Once I went into maintenance my weight continued to very slowly drop until I hit 185. Too thin for my taste. I upped my calories and cut back on cardio and then gained very slowly back to 195. I upped cardio a bit and cut a bit and now have eased back to 188.

My point in all this is for those new to maintenance. Don't sweat the small stuff. You will go up a bit, you will go down a bit. My range is 185-195. I am usually between 188-192. Get comfortable with your body and your weight range. I don't even pay attention to the numbers until I am at or one pound away from the edge of my weight range for at least a week.

I weight myself daily because I do. I don't get excited if I gain a pound or two in one day. I simply reflect on the prior day and consider the water weight from the wonderful pasta dinner and smile. It's all small stuff really. To succeed you merely have to get to know and enjoy your body and let nature take its course.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    +1 :)
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I'm only 7 lbs. from my goal weight and have been a little concerned about maintenance.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    We're almost weight loss twins (56, 6'2" at 190 lbs, lost 55 lbs). Celebrating 2 years of maintenance in January. My original goal was 205 lbs, but found that my BF% was higher than I wanted. During the 2 years of maintenance I've dropped down to 190 (188-192 range). Would still like to get BF% down below 18%, ideally to at least 15%, so I can have the option to bulk up to 195. My exercise focus has been weight lifting for strength with minimal cardio.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    +1 so true :smile:
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    +1

Finding maintenance here atm
    And i sure not going to sweat it when i gain some days. It happens.

The scale walks slowly down again the following days :)
    no biggie

95069916.png