Weighing food is paying off

Options
I have been weighing my food for about 2 weeks now. It is more difficult to do a lot of the time, finding everything to keep up with and how to do it is turning out more than I anticipated. I have lost 8lbs down from 372 down to 364. Now I need to lose 29 lbs more to get back down to my low of 335. Found out Thursday I have to have another back surgery if insurance approves it, so I am now waiting on surgery on each leg and my back, please keep me in your prayers if you do that.

Replies

• docdan85
    docdan85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hope everything goes well. Yes weighing food makes huge difference, I recommend a ozeri touch scale it makes weighing food quick task.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Weighing food gets easier the longer you do it - the learning curve can be a little frustrating and time-consuming, but it will really pay off in the long run. :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I agree weighing my food has been key in my success. I don't feel like I have lost many pounds. I don't weigh myself. I do feel leaner and stronger. Works for me.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! Weighing and logging gets easier as you go, as most of us tend to eat the same foods quite frequently.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Weighing food is definitely the way to go for accuracy. One extra upside to it is that you get better at estimating because you learn what portion sizes are, so when you are eating out or at someone's house it is easier to stick to a serving,
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Weighing food does help !!! Good for you !!

Ps- I pray and will pray for you.