That's it! I am using myfitnesspal to lose weight and no one is stopping me!

Options
I am 195 lbs and happy, but there is a little too much to love here.

So, I was a gym member for 6 months plus I redeemed 2 groupon gym memberships that was 3 months long and worked out everyday. I worked wtih 2 personal trainers. I gained 5 lbs in 3 months.

The thing is, I know it's probably muscle weight, but neither helped me with nutrition. Heck, I can keep adding more exercise, but it's my nutrition that sucks. So, I am 49 and took many notes on what worked and what did not.

Rather than post on what didn't work, we really worked was a combination of tracking my food, exercise and weight on myfitnesspal. Also, the workout videos I used? Every single one of them on youtube. Mind you, the last time I lost weight was in 2013 and I lost 20lbs. I fell of the wagon and now there's more for me to love.

What worked for me in 2013

1. myfitnesspal
2. 1600 calories or less
3. eating more vegan-ish
4. HIIT, weights and dance workouts...all on youtube.

So, how does one handles social get togethers? My biggest downfall.

It's not just the holidays, just every once or twice a week I face social gatherings.

Replies

• pegmo
    pegmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good advice. Being an extrovert, I get invited to a lot of gatherings. I know reconnecting with old friends has made me put on 16 lbs. Ugh.

Okay, I will try your tips tomorrow for my next event and keep implementing as I go. I gotta say, it's the best advice I ever had on this situation, so thank you so much!