why i am not lossing weight?

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    fairy290 wrote: »
    I am 5.9 in height....and my weight is 160 pounds...i am trying to loss weight n trying to not taking carbs since 2 months...doing brisk walk 3 times a week for 1 hour...drinking water...taking warm lemon juice in morning...and after all this not even lossing a pound...feeling dipressed...this app suggested me 1200 cal...i m taking almost 1000 daily...whats the problem..i cant figure out...if i start taking extra cal i start gaining weight...what to do?
    i take luke warm water with lemon juice in morning.
    after that 2 boil egg whites n skimmed milk tea...
    guava or 6 almonds as snack.
    in lunch any home cooked vegetables bowl or chicken like 3 small size pieces
    in evening again skimmed tea
    in dinner any salad or again chicken fried or cooked in oil or gravy...
    some cheat days with bread but try not to est carbs in the form of rice and bread.
    and i think what i consume is less than 1000 cals..

You can't "think"-- you have to "know". Buy a digital food scale and start weighing everything you eat. If you don't you're just spinning your wheels. It's time to get precise.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I am 5.9 in height....and my weight is 160 pounds...i am trying to loss weight n trying to not taking carbs since 2 months...doing brisk walk 3 times a week for 1 hour...drinking water...taking warm lemon juice in morning...and after all this not even lossing a pound...feeling dipressed...this app suggested me 1200 cal...i m taking almost 1000 daily...whats the problem..i cant figure out...if i start taking extra cal i start gaining weight...what to do?
    some cheat days with bread but try not to est carbs in the form of rice and bread.

All of this is meaningless without the weight of each item to calculate the calories in each.

You need to use a food scale to weigh your foods.

Why do you think avoiding carbs will help with weight loss ?

Do think think lemon water aides in weight loss?
  • fairy290
    fairy290 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Frankly, unless you accurately measure input - we're talking weighing things out and being precise - you can't know for sure what you're eating. Why are you so restrictive on food types, by the way - is it for health goals of yours, or do you think that's the only/'right' way to lose weight? Because I'm losing weight aggressively and today's lunch and dinner are pizza. You don't need to eat "healthy" foods to lose weight, you need to accurately control portions.

Now there are other good reasons you might want to eat healthier foods, but weight loss can happen just the same regardless.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How can i measure.

Weigh your food as recommended numerous times in this thread.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Look at the thread going now "Weighing my food is paying off".
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Just curious-but how old are you?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale (they're really cheap) and weigh and log accurately. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest
  • fairy290
    Options
    Hmmmm
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

All of this is meaningless without the weight of each item to calculate the calories in each.

Food scale for before cooking? N how come i know what size or what weight i should take.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm

Food scale for before cooking? N how come i know what size or what weight i should take.

Calories are calculated by the weight of the food. If you have 1500 calories to eat to lose weight, and you want to eat ground beef. You may have room for anywhere from 4-8 oz. Weigh out the appropriate amount that fits in your day and eat it.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Buy a food scale.

Weigh your foods.

Then put those numbers into mfp and figure out the calories in each item.

You say you had chicken with oil or gravy for dinner. That could be 300 calories or 1000 calories . you won't know for sure unless you weigh it out and use measuring cups for your liquids. ( I use food scale for food, and measuring cup for liquids)
    You must also include the calories for things like condiments, seasonings, gravy, butter ,oil and so on. Those things add up.

• blankiefinder
    Options
    Hmmmm

If you're eating something like a banana, you would weigh it out of it's skin, look it up in the database, and enter the serving size. So if you picked the data entry for banana, serving size of 100g, and your banana was 120g, you would enter 1.2 servings of 100g of banana.

For homemade recipes, use the recipe builder.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Also, I've eaten rice ,bread, ice cream daily each day during my weight loss process. I had no problems losing weight.
    Weight loss comes down to calories . unless you have a medical condition, carbs aren't anything to fear.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale and the appropriate serving sizes/entries from the database. You're eating more than you think.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are so many misconceptions out there created by the diet industry to keep us confused and buying their products. The lemon juice in the morning is nice if you like the flavor, but it will add a few calories to your day, so you should be measuring everything you put into it. It will not increase your metabolism, if this is what you have heard. Carbs are not evil, either. I love a good pancake and egg breakfast, but I weigh out my portions to make sure I am not eating too much.

Many of the foods you have listed can vary considerably in size and therefore the number of calories in each can also vary considerably. Oil, gravy, nuts are all nice to have, but can easily be underestimated. Purchasing a food scale will provide you with the most accurate information on how much you are actually consuming. You might be surprised! I was very sad the day I realized how small a single serving of cheese really is.

In all honesty, you don't really know how much you are eating. Trust me, the food scale will open your eyes considerably. You can do this!
  • fairy290
    Options

Also, I've eaten rice ,bread, ice cream daily each day during my weight loss process. I had no problems losing weight.
    Weight loss comes down to calories . unless you have a medical condition, carbs aren't anything to fear.

So are you still losding
    Buy a food scale.

Weigh your foods.

You say you had chicken with oil or gravy for dinner. That could be 300 calories or 1000 calories . you won't know for sure unless you weigh it out and use measuring cups for your liquids. ( I use food scale for food, and measuring cup for liquids)
    You must also include the calories for things like condiments, seasonings, gravy, butter ,oil and so on. Those things add up.

Okkkkk...are the food weights n sizes mention in this app or should i google it.
  • blankiefinder
    Options

So are you still losding
    Buy a food scale.

Weigh your foods.

Okkkkk...are the food weights n sizes mention in this app or should i google it.

I posted instructions above...
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

Every question you've asked is answered in detail there.

• zoeysasha37
    Options

So are you still losding
    Buy a food scale.

Weigh your foods.

No everything you need is already here :) for example, pretend you have 41grams of haribo gummy bears. You will look in the databank and look up haribo gummy bears 41 grams for 150 calories. Then you will know you have spent 150 calories out of your daily budget.
    Learning how to use a food scale is tricky at first. It took me a few weeks to really figure out how to weigh everything. But it really does help out a lot to be accurate.
    I wasn't losing at first either. It was because I was guessing my calories and not weighing everything. So this takes time. Just get yourself a scale and you'll learn all about weighing foods.
    I also saw that you asked if I was still losing, no I am currently not losing weight any more. I'm 5'8 and135 lbs . currently I'm working on other fitness goals and not concerned with weight loss at this time.
    You can do this. Walmart has food scales for around 12$ . it's a great investment in your weight loss goals !
    Weight loss comes down to calories. Calorie deficit - weight loss. I eat @190 grams of carbs per day and had no problems losing weight (some people with certain medical conditions do have to watch carbs though ) so just eat less then you burn and you'll lose weight. Make good choices for overall health . but as far as weight loss is concerned, just eat at a deficit .