starting over...

Options
I am starting over again. I had huge success 4 years ago after the birth of our second child. I felt good, and I had such great motivation. However I have gained all of my weight back, and now, 2 years after the birth of our third child, I weigh only 5 pounds less than I did the day I gave birth. I am saddened and slightly ashamed of myself. I have two young daughters that need a better role model when it comes to eating habits and exercise. I also have a young son that needs my energy.
I need to make better food choices, and I also need to be less selfish with my eating habits. Less selfish in general! I also need to not sit so much. I am a stay at home mom, and I find that I spend a lot of time sitting..some of it is needed.ie snuggling, rest..etc. But most of it is pure laziness.
My prayer is that I would take this seriously, knowing that I am risking my health by continuing on this track. God has given me the gift of life, and I need to do a better job of living it in a healthy way.

Replies

• infortunatus13
    infortunatus13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting over too, please add me as a friend.
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Make a committment to logging, even if you go over your calorie allotment for the day, making logging a habit will help you to make better choices. The best thing I did was to start using a food scale. It is SO much more accurate than using cups, tablespoons, etc. One way to get up and moving In your home a little more is to start doing some random YouTube exercise videos. It's free and would be a great transition to living a more active lifestyle. I am not trying to preach to you, these are jut things I have found were really helpful to me. Remember if you have a bad day, don't let it derail you. Get up the next day and jump right back on the train. You can do this! Be kind to your body and it will reward you!