Before and Afters with stats

Options
Hi! I'd love some motivation and I'm asking for people to post their before and after pics but include starting weight and starting pants size then current weight and current pants size PLUS your height. That way we can put your pics into context :)

Looking forward to your inspiration!

Replies

• pooh_bear1432
    pooh_bear1432 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't have pic of before and after but I'm still working on losing weight I've been doing my life style change going on 3 months and I've lost 21 pounds :) i started at 195 and im down to 173.4 and my goal is 125 im hoping to be that weight by next December of 2016. You can do it the changes you see in you body will be amazing and you will feel wonderful about yourself. Good luck on your journey and I hope you have great results!!
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't have pic of before and after but I'm still working on losing weight I've been doing my life style change going on 3 months and I've lost 21 pounds :) i started at 195 and im down to 173.4 and my goal is 125 im hoping to be that weight by next December of 2016. You can do it the changes you see in you body will be amazing and you will feel wonderful about yourself. Good luck on your journey and I hope you have great results!!

How tall are you?

I started out at 216 and am down to 187. Not completely sure what my goal will be but for now it's 140. I'm 5'7.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and started at 217 pounds with 32% body fat in size 16. I became a competitive bodybuilder along the way and ended up at 155 pounds with 14% body fat in size 12. There are lots of pictures in success stories and most of them include height and weight. Size of pants has a lot more to do with bone structure, because I know plenty of women my height and weight who wear 8's.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    The sizes are what I'm most curious about but people rarely post them. I know sizes vary because people carry weight differently but that's part of why I'm so curious about it.
  • usmcmp
    edited December 2015
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

You'll get a lot more answers in this link than you'll get from this thread.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    taracan25 wrote: »
    The sizes are what I'm most curious about but people rarely post them. I know sizes vary because people carry weight differently but that's part of why I'm so curious about it.

It's a little about weight, such as pear shaped women wear larger pant sizes, it's a lot more about your bone structure. If you have wide hips you'll end up at a higher pant size than the average woman.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm purposely avoiding current pics (I'll be taking them at the 6 month mark).. started at 259, tight size 22 pants (I'm just under 5'7"), am currently 204 and a size 18 (starting to get baggy in the bum but I still need them for my hips/stomach). It'll be 5 months Tuesday :)
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    yup can totally speak to different body types. I have 2 young kids. Before kids at this weight I was in a tight 14. After my first child at this same weight I was a 16. Now post kids I'm an 18! Part of it is just carrying weight differently, but my hips have for sure changed.
  • katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Please share your workout routines too that would be great help :)
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    5'10"
    Highest weight 260, size 20
    Starting weight 211, size 18
    Hit tight size 14 around 186
    Hit tight size 12 around 177
    Hit size 10 around 173
    Current weight 171.6

I'm not expecting to fit into an 8 for another 8-10lbs.
    Keep in mind brands have a lot more to do with size than measurements, at least in the states. Those 18s I was in for so long were huge 18s, then there were some brands I couldn't fit into. I also have a very small frame (wrist less than 6") and people think I weigh 20lbs less than I actually do.

It does change as you age like 110challenge said. In high school I was a juniors 13/15 at this weight.

No real workout routine to speak of. Aside from having an active job, I just do what I feel like on days I feel like it, and usually don't log it consistently. Yoga, sometimes jogging. Lots of squats lately with weights. I'm getting more into weight training now that I'm much closer to goal. I lost 30lbs years ago doing p90x though, loved that, the yoga kicked my butt.
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    in05aw1vs1is.jpeg

Height 5'7
    Starting weight 224, size UK 22
    Current weight 141, size UK 12
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    s44v1la7e0ea.jpg

5'4.5"

Heaviest : 260 lbs in the picture on the top right hand corner (unknown for other 2 because I was still hospitalized from my c-section and they weren't weighing me then)
    **the last picture in the top row is my drivers license photo. I had to get it renewed a month after my c-section and at my heaviest weight. I haven't updated my drivers license yet which is starting to cause problems. Going to have to do that as soon as I have the extra money laying around.
    Pants size: unknown....I wasn't wearing normal pants and refused to buy any that fit. The best way to explain it, is I was wearing a pair of draw string sweat pants that were so small on me the pants were almost eating the drawstrings (imagine the holes were the strings come out, but only seeing 2 little ends about the size of your pinky nail...it's sad and funny all at the same time)...not possible to tie them...they were a 2XL

Current: 123.1-125.6 lbs (I fluctuate in this range currently)
    Pants: 2 - 4 US(sweat pants/yoga pants are small/medium depending on brand....tops are small/medium if misses sizing or medium large if junior sizing*)

*This is an american thing. It doesn't mean kids clothing. It's a section of womens clothing that is typically cut for smaller/straighter builds. I haven't tried any juniors size jeans recently, so I'll leave that size out.
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    Its really fascinating that one person is a size 12 at 177lbs another at 141. I'm a 12 at 187lbs. Sizes are interesting.

Fabulous job everybody. Truly Inspirational!
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Its really fascinating that one person is a size 12 at 177lbs another at 141. I'm a 12 at 187lbs. Sizes are interesting.

I have read on here that UK sizes are smaller than American; so a size 12 UK could be somewhere around and 8/10 American. Not sure if that is true or not

I do not have any photos on my computer but my profile picture is me at my highest vs me at 7lbs heavier than I am now.

SW: 202; Size 16 (but I was in denial and was stuffing myself into my size 14's)
    CW: 159.1; Size 10
    Height: 5'1.5
  • tara_means_star
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »

I have read on here that UK sizes are smaller than American; so a size 12 UK could be somewhere around and 8/10 American. Not sure if that is true or not

I do not have any photos on my computer but my profile picture is me at my highest vs me at 7lbs heavier than I am now.

SW: 202; Size 16 (but I was in denial and was stuffing myself into my size 14's)

Ha! Didn't notice the UK part there :smile:
    Great job!
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My heaviest post pregnancy weight was about 165. When I started back again with MFP I was about 145 at a size 10 or 12. I am currently weighing between 127 and 130. My goal is 125 but I am interested in lifting and I think then I won't worry about the scale and worry more about inches gained/lost. I am 5'7" and I wear a size 6. I think if I put my mind to it I could fit in a size 4. I have a small body frame, zero hips.
  • kellellie
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »

yup, her 12 is smaller than my 12 :)
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It used to be you'd 'add 4' to to US clothes sizes to get a UK size (so a size 8 US was a size 12 UK). NOw I believe it's 'Add 2' so 8 US is 10UK. HOwever I find US clothing brnads on the large size (I'm on UK) and as standard i'm a 10 UK but can be as low as a 4 in US sizes....crazy world eh?

Regadless - even if this weren't the case i have friends who are heavier/lighter than me and we're all the same size. You all look great and have done so well!!
  • saraanw
    saraanw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 11-12 186 lbs to a size 0 after having my daughter a yr ago my waist size was 32 when I started and it is now a 25 I'm 5'3 128 1lbs now still going strong eating healthy and exercising a ton thanks to pop pilates, myfitnesspal, and hullo hopping
  • kellellie
    Options
    saraanw wrote: »
    I went from a size 11-12 186 lbs to a size 0 after having my daughter a yr ago my waist size was 32 when I started and it is now a 25 I'm 5'3 128 1lbs now still going strong eating healthy and exercising a ton thanks to pop pilates, myfitnesspal, and hullo hopping

hula hooping?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!