Cravings/ Cheat meals

Options
How do some of you control or minimize food cravings? I'm really trying hard to stay within my calories but sometimes I just get these insane cravings for junk food. how many cheat meals or snacks do you have a week?

Replies

• TheNewBecky28
    TheNewBecky28 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I would love the advice that is given too! What I try to do is walk away from the situation (if food at work). If at home, I will try to paint my nails or read to keep me busy. But lately I don't even try. :'( The struggle is real. The holidays are hard! I say 1 cheat meal per week is ok.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I was typically allowing myself one cheat day a week where I used to eat up to maintenance only. I still logged everything. Though I still ate things I craved every other day but, I stayed within my cals.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I ate 1400 calories per day, but would eat 2000 on Saturday giving me a 1500 average intake. I just looked forward to indulging a bit on the weekend, and had a lot of lower calorie things I really enjoyed during the week. Spend some time in the grocery store and google, you can find lots of creative ways to enjoy food.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you were only aiming to lose 13 pounds. You should have your goal set to .5 pounds per week for weight loss. You should be able to fit things you enjoy or crave into those calories.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me, I couldn't beat them. Couldn't stop at one treat so I eliminated my problem foods. Mostly sugary food in my case. Within a few days the cravings were gone.

No more cheats but no more cravings either.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I eat lower than my target during the week so that I can cheat on the weekends.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It took me a few weeks to find the right amount of calories to be eating to keep my cravings and appetite under control. I tried 1400 and ended up binging once a week because I couldn't sustain it. I changed my stats to lightly active and was given 1700. Too much food. It fueled poor choices which triggered more cravings for me. So right now I'm officially down 15lbs since I restarted this journey and it's finally not just water weight! I also eat sweet treats from time to time so I'm never really missing a food so much that I want a ton of it.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Try eating a chopped green salad with chopped chicken breast or salmon...no dressing or just some avocado.
    Try it and you'll see that it it will hit that "spot," and so even if you still have a treat, you'll be satisfied and the cravings will stop.