Do you eat back your calories???

Options
snagy1
snagy1 Posts: 79 Member
Just wondering. I been exercising a lot. I eat 1400 calories a day and burn over 1000. I feel hungry a lot though. I never eat back my calories. I'm afraid I won't lose weight if I do.

Also....how do you post pics on here and rotate pics?

Replies

• rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    I don't ! I use the Mifflin formula to calculate my BMR and multiply my BMR by my activity level to find my calorie for maintenance. Then you substract 500 calories from it to lose 1 pound per week.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I do if I'm hungry.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    25-75% of them usually because the calorie estimation is never 100% accurate. And especially if hungry!

To post picks you have to have them loaded on a hosting site and then put the URL in between {your URL here

edit LOL!

your URL here but keep the IMG in lower case, such as img
  • katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    no i don't feel i need to - and i haven't found a problem yet lol good luck xxx
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed so that it gives you enough of a calorie deficit that you would lose weight without doing any exercises. Then when you do exercise, you need to eat more for fuel. Otherwise you are creating too large of a calorie deficit and that is not healthy.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I've eaten back my exercise cals when I was losing 2 pounds/week, 1 pound/week, and maintaining. However, I get the impression that a lot of exercise calorie estimates are a bit inflated.