Polenta Help Now

Options
babynew
babynew Posts: 613 Member
I've got it in a drop of coconut oil. ..sliced thin. ..+ when I Go to flip it. .. ITS Not Brown. .. Do I want to get It crispy? ... ...the last time i tried this i wasted alot of it putting Back in the Frig. My only Memories of this IS CornMeal Mush. From My Gram.
I want to Make this Work, as I'm gluten problem now + this sounded like a great way to Diversify. ..Is that Even Feasable ?.. my thoughts were go keep it In the frig after this so called sauté..+ change It up. .. Thoughts?

Replies

• babynew
    Options
    I sooo ' preciate Any And All input
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I find that polenta can take a while to brown up, I think because it is usually fairly moist. I usually fry up slices on a grill pan and leave it to hang out on each side for a while, like up to 10 min/per side on med-high heat. Just keep checking until it's as browned as you like. It will be OK :flowerforyou:
  • babynew
    Options
    Wow! .. Thanks! ... 10 mins. ... yeah. ...I was watching, standing. ..not a good idea + kept flipping to look. ..Also I've No refrence on HOW ITS s'pose to look. .
    Or What I even want for different applications..
    Thank You! This helped
    Any Ideas As to How YOU USE IT Is Most Openly Welcome
    ThankYou :flowerforyou:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    When I cook it, it never really gets brown, per se. It just gets a darker yellow and crispy on the outside.
  • babynew
    Options
    Thank You !.. I think this IS going to be Fun :flowerforyou:
  • babynew
    Options
    This IS Going to be a Great Pantry Staple. ..I've had if In there for when I ran outa fresh + or needed / wanted to stretch + Change Like Now. .my Sweet Potato Quinoa Bean Stew. ...Use as a topper.
    I've lightly fried The whole thing in thin slices to Use In different ways So It doesn't Go to waste.
    Hopefully this idea works *;*
    :flowerforyou: