Nearly there but .....

Options
Nearly at my goal weight of 125lbs after stalling for what seems like an eternity! ! But...I've been laid up with flu for three days and haven't ate much. ....The 4 lbs I've lost am I going to put it straight back on when I start eating! ! Help.... Please advise how keep it off. :)

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under maintenance you shouldn't gain back when you start eating again. The flu was my best diet before I actually started actively trying. I would lose 8 pounds and it would take about a year to gain back.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    dawniemate wrote: »
    Nearly at my goal weight of 125lbs after stalling for what seems like an eternity! ! But...I've been laid up with flu for three days and haven't ate much. ....The 4 lbs I've lost am I going to put it straight back on when I start eating! ! Help.... Please advise how keep it off. :)

ummm

fluctuations fluctuate ..it's only a number on a scale.

get your head in the weight range not absolute weight mindset - allow 5lbs around your ultimate goal

and well done on getting towards your goal
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    How wonderful that you're almost there, and how awful that you got the flu. Not a fun way to lose weight! As long as you kept hydrated while you were sick (so important anyway when you're sick) and keep drinking lots of water now, going back to your planned calories shouldn't put any 'real' (i.e., long-term) weight back on you. Hope you're feeling better!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How wonderful that you're almost there, and how awful that you got the flu. Not a fun way to lose weight! As long as you kept hydrated while you were sick (so important anyway when you're sick) and keep drinking lots of water now, going back to your planned calories shouldn't put any 'real' (i.e., long-term) weight back on you. Hope you're feeling better!

Actually if she wasn't eating much that's technically not true

food in digestive system
    body stripped of glycogen and associated water weight

it would easily make 4lbs of loss

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    unfortunately since you've been ill the 4lbs will mostly be fluid that you've lost with not eating and drinking - when you begin eating normally your stores of fluid will be restored, thats how the body works, completely normal....but if you keep at deficit then its likely that some of that weight will stay off - the maths/science that you have to consume 3500 cals less to lose 1lb still applies...

Hope you feel better soon.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't try to prevent that weight gain. It would be no different if you decided to 'fast' for a week, lose 5 pounds and then attempt to keep that off. It is not a healthy, sustainable method. The number on the scale may look awesome, and put you at your goal but it isn't real.
    Get better, eat well to replenish your body...you will get there soon.