Keep on keepin'on

Options
So I've decided to put myself out here and join the community--my next big step. I've been using MFP off and on for many years. This time, I've been "on" since May, 2015. Being consistently honest about tracking every bite. Amazing how even when it's just you, the mind tricks you play with yourself. Like, if I don't track it it won't count. Really? The upshot is that denial stopped working for me, and I have a new understanding: I can't have the new life and keep the old life. It doesn't work that way. I've lost 57 pounds since May, and have many more to go. My focus is never on the end game. That is too overwhelming. Instead, I focus on this day, this hour, this moment. It is something I believe I can sustain indefinitely. It's not always easy, but it's not always hard, either. And that's not bad . . .

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 57! I'm getting back on track after a very difficult last 3 months. Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Mutual support is very important! There are great supporters here and some not so great. Do what works best for you and good luck!