Lost weight while working out at home? Anybody?

Options
124»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost eighty pounds in the last two years by just working out in my basement. We picked up a used treadmill, got me some shiny, heavy-ish kettlebells, a weighted skip rope, some free weights. And my handy ole VCR, with my stockpile of 80's, 90's and more current videos (which I still use about 3 times a week!) Yoga DVD's, Kettlebell workouts on Youtube....soooo many ways to get your body moving at home, to help you create a deficit, to get fit and to lose weight Good luck!! :)
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    23lbs down from working out at home/walking around my neighborhood's block. I just joined a gym today to kick things up a notch and avoid the cold outdoors once the snow falls. It's absolutely possible to lose weight from home.
  • glimmersilver
    glimmersilver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sure it's possible to work out at home. I do it all the time. I work out in hotel rooms, too - a lot, as I travel way too much for work. It takes discipline, like any weight loss or fitness goals do. The key issue is what works for you. Some people do better with the structure of workout classes, some people want to share the enthusiasm of others in the gym, some people want to work out at home so they can fit it into their schedule better or not feel conspicuous. Sometimes I work out at home so I can watch silly movies at the same time - it's more entertaining that way so I don't quit out of boredom.

If you've never worked out, though, it could be good to set yourself up with some kind of structured program at the start, just so you are really getting a good workout.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I lost 53 pounds since May 2015 with zero exercise / no gym just by being in a deficit, I just started walking to lose another 30 lbs and I walk through out the day whenever I get a chance during work hours so I take quick walks around the building.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I work out at home three days a week. I start with resistance training on a bowflex, and then do HIIT on an exercise bike. My only real regret was not getting a better model of bowflex as it would have a significantly higher maximum resistance - as it is I can hit the limit on many exercises and am close to it on many others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!