Arm lift surgery after 75 pounds lost!

Options
Hey!

I wanted to share a bit of my story and post some pictures from my arm lift surgery I had last week. When I was doing my research for surgery, I didn't find a ton of info, so I wanted to put more out there. I'd also love to serve as a resource to anyone with questions, so please feel free to ask me anything.

Over the past 2+ years, I've lost just over 75 pounds! I've been so happy with my body, except for the skin that sagged from my upper arms. Most of my body has handled the weight loss really well, but I was beyond certain that there was nothing I could do myself to fix my arms.

I had surgery on December 2, 2015. Recovery is going well so far! I'm off my pain meds except for at nighttime. I haven't had any pain, just tightness and swelling.

I'll leave some pictures here, and maybe put more when my scars are healed a little more.

From the back, before surgery @ 132 pounds
vqk9jz5cf4v3.jpg

From the side, July before surgery vs December 6 (4 days post-op); both @ 135 pounds
k355rje8v17q.jpg

My arm at 185 pounds vs after surgery at 135 pounds
afrhxtrdt2pq.jpg

Post-op collage (Ignore my silly faces! I'm not photogenic!):
cyy6z1fr42yq.jpg

Replies

• natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you've gotten a really good result so quickly!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think so, too!
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you are not happy with your arms by all means get something done. I think you and your arms are perfectly fine but it boils down to how you feel in your temple.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I will very likely get the same surgery. My arms are so large there's no way this skin is making it! Do you mind sharing the total cost and your general location?
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Your arms look amazing and it's only been a few days. They will get better and better! I'm already having terrible issues with skin. Surgery to deal with it is in my future.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    If you are not happy with your arms by all means get something done. I think you and your arms are perfectly fine but it boils down to how you feel in your temple.

Ummm...she had it done.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »
    I will very likely get the same surgery. My arms are so large there's no way this skin is making it! Do you mind sharing the total cost and your general location?

I'm in Dallas, Texas and it was right at $4600. Let me know if you ever have questions about it as you get closer to it :)
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you for shearing this. I've thought about this before and there isn't must info out there. Thanks for sharing your story and progress.
  • gorgeousgwen
    gorgeousgwen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look fab ❤️
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nice progress! I hope when you are all healed up you are satisfied and perhaps share your results here. I feel as if I will need to have my arms done, if I can afford it. Like you, everywhere else seems to be tightening up fairly well, but my arms droop :/
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    bakemma wrote: »
    Thank you for shearing this. I've thought about this before and there isn't must info out there. Thanks for sharing your story and progress.

I know! I couldn't find much, and finally just called a surgeon near me. It was nice to actually talk to him and see what the process was. I highly suggest a consultation if you're interested!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Nice progress! I hope when you are all healed up you are satisfied and perhaps share your results here. I feel as if I will need to have my arms done, if I can afford it. Like you, everywhere else seems to be tightening up fairly well, but my arms droop :/

I will! I'm taking notes and lots of photos along the way!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    Here's another one from today:

e3o8kgiz8eir.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for sharing. Not a bad price really.
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your arms look amazing! I have lost 90lbs and I would LOVE to get my arms done. But, I still weight 189lbs so I doubt any surgeon will touch me yet.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You look great! I would love to have this done. My sister had hers done a couple years ago. When I was making the rounds of plastic surgeons before I had my tummy tuck, I asked one & he said it would be about $7,000, so you got a good price as well. I like how your scars are tucked in rather than the center of the back of your arm. My sister's ended up more visible & she's had perfect strangers ask about them which is so incredibly rude. Still, I'd rather have visible scars than my floppy arms.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good job. Your arms look beautiful!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    SMKing75 wrote: »
    Your arms look amazing! I have lost 90lbs and I would LOVE to get my arms done. But, I still weight 189lbs so I doubt any surgeon will touch me yet.

You'd be surprised. But, I would definitely wait until you reach your goal weight before having it done for best results! My surgeon requires his patients to be at a steady weight for at least 3 months before surgery. Thank you, and congrats to you! 90 pounds is incredible!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Good job. Your arms look beautiful!

Thank you!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    You look great! I would love to have this done. My sister had hers done a couple years ago. When I was making the rounds of plastic surgeons before I had my tummy tuck, I asked one & he said it would be about $7,000, so you got a good price as well. I like how your scars are tucked in rather than the center of the back of your arm. My sister's ended up more visible & she's had perfect strangers ask about them which is so incredibly rude. Still, I'd rather have visible scars than my floppy arms.

Thank you! I have a great feeling about my scars. They already look so thin and nice. I don't think they'll be very visible at all in a few months! The scars in my armpits are a little off putting right now, but hopefully they heal nicely, too! I agree... scars are better than the skin. Mine was so repulsive to me :( So happy now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!