Anoying co workers

Options
Annoying co workers - I have this co worker who is very pushy and is a Been there done it better than you type of person. Now Normally I am very polite when it comes to her pushiness but really today just broke the camels back. (Sorry Camel) she came up to me and recommended me all these vitamins and pills to take to help me loose weight faster! I was like oh thank you for your recommendations. But really? I don’t want to be taking more than my vitamin everyday. She recommended me the following

L- carnitine 500mg
CLA (50/50)
CoQ10 500
Chromium Picoline (SP)

Now I don’t advertise I am on a diet but i think she over heard my offering a snack and talking to a friend about my gym efforts as she was thinking about joining the same Gym as I go to now. How do you handle rude people who but into your weight loss efforts?

Replies

• LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Most of them probably mean well, so your polite response was appropriate. If she gets really into your business, though, I'd just politely explain that I'm on a program, and plan to stick exclusively with that for a while. It's still civil, but might get her to back off a little.
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG ? Do we have the same co- workers? Yes-, I too, have one who is a fitness and nutrition guru - so she thinks. Quite awhile back - i simply stated " I do not mean to offend or insult yoru knowledge ( NOT) , but I have a program which I feel is very good for me" . This worked for awhile. Now - I simply leave the room/ area where said conversation is taking place. Hang in there with MFP ..."we" can do it!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    Politely tell her that you are NOT on a "diet" but are changing your lifestyle, and those things do not fit into the "new you" that you are trying to build!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Thank her for her input and do your own thing. It's not like she will be stalking you at home to see if you are doing it:smile:
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    I'll do you one better. Every Friday is 'cake day' at work and they buy tons of sugary junk food for everybody. I of course pass on Friday's and find it no big deal cause I always take healthy snacks to munch on while they gorge on junk.

Anyway I have a co-worker that will always come to me to laugh about the amount of calories I choose to eat in a day and continue to say 'she would just die if she could only eat that much' and then go get a cookie or something else and walk by me holding it up at me as if to say 'look what I have'. Of course she is the size of a bean pole.

I would be much happier if she was trying to offer me solutions to help (even though I would kindly decline the vitamins) rather than her trying to push crap in my face every Friday. :grumble:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    And, as you would expect, her "recommendations" are worthless crap.