Milestone met, now what?

Options
I have met a great milestone - I have lost 12 pounds and am down a pant size. My question is - now that I am down a pant size, do I stay cumfy in those pants or go down a size that is kind of snug? I don't want to lose momentum on my loss, but I also don't want to stay in my lose-fitting jeans and get to comfortable thinking I'm at my goal. I still have about another 10 or 11 pounds I want to lose. Thanks for any advice :)

Replies

• edean331
    edean331 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Get the smaller pants!
    I used to work for a doctor who did not weigh patients, he would gauge their weight reports by asking how their clothes fit (tighter, looser, same). Ive done this with my "fat jeans". I wera them every Friday....they havent gotten any looser
  • crewbprice
    crewbprice Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm not buying new clothes until I'm at my goal weight, mostly due to trying to save money. However, I do stay motivated with clothing fit. I now wear a belt always, and judge the loss with the increase in belt holes.
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I have a couple pairs of jeans that are a size smaller, I will try to wear these instead of my loose ones so I can work on getting them to fit the same as my bigger ones.

And I really like the idea of the belt - looking forward to trying that and watching the belt holes increase. :smile: