Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

As I lose weight.. Other areas seem to stand out more!

I never post on here because I know people can be judgmental however...I lift weights 4-5 days a week consistently and I have lost about 50 lbs and 4/5 pant sizes. And now I feel like there are some areas of my body that stand out more! My hips are more pronounced! I know lots of good has come from sticking with it but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced areas that seem to not move or all of a sudden "stand out" for a while in your progress? Maybe this is what others refer to as "trouble areas"?

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    My body has morphed so many times it's like a lava lamp. Basically we get overweight and just except everything as it is. Then we start working to improve ourselves and all heck breaks lose, we obsess over all sorts of things (at least I do)! Since we don't just shrink to a smaller form or former selves (wouldn't that be horrible) our body picks and chooses to lose fat from areas that we don't care about or areas we really would rather no lose from (breast come to my mind) and it has it's own plan.

Currently I am trying to lose 5 lbs. that a trainer suggested I lose and then tone up some. All I can see in the mirror is hips and butt, waist has gone down some so of course that makes the hip/butt are look bigger. Try not to stress about it because it is honestly not worth it, try and focus on areas you do like and have seen improvements in. Think about it like this, if you saw someone with your idea of the perfect body and had a real conversation with them, I am sure they would tell you what they hate about their body and wish they could change.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    The area on me that is notorious for standing out at points during weight loss is my lower tummy. I lose weight around it and then from there, like in cycles. So when I'm at a weight where I lost around it, it is proportionally bigger and it does stand out more, yep! Fortunately, I can pick which stage it's at and lose or even gain a few lbs to make it blend in better, lol.