Do any of you old WW members try to do "Core" eating through the holidays?

I've read the other posts about how people will be coping with food through the holidays. I am going on a month-long vacation, where I will not be able to journal consistently and will not be able to exercise consistently either. I wondered if the best way to go for the next month or so is to eat what used to be termed "core" at WW, which is just eating healthy foods, such as lean meats, vegetables, fruits, good grains, etc. I wondered if anyone has had success using this strategy when they couldn't journal and exercise consistently?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    If you wish to continue losing weight, you need to eat in a deficit. How you achieve this is up to you. I personally would guesstimate calories and exercise when possible (walk/cycle/jog). Without tracking your food intake you will not know how many calories you have consumed.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Healthy foods can make you fat. You have to find a way to control calorie intake.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    You can always exercise. Find opportunities. I ate core and logged it. A vacation shouldn't derail your progress.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Healthy foods can make you fat. You have to find a way to control calorie intake.

^^ Yep.

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    I completely understand where you are coming from since it can be stressful to try to track when you don't know the nutritional information and constantly have to guess. Weightwatchers has moved a lot towards the myplate plan, where you make 1/2 your plate veggies, 1/4 protein, and 1/4 carbs. I try to stick to this during the holidays. I still allow for my favorite treats, but try to limit it to 1 treat/day.

My plan is to relax, eat filling food in reasonable portions, and try to keep track the best I can while not stressing about perfection. You can always use pen and paper to keep a temporary food journal for awareness and try to incorporate activity into your vacation (swimming, hiking, walking to the shops/stores, playing with children, etc).
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,370 Member
    The WW no count and core programs were two of the better WW programs...its a shame they keep changing them. But if you pay attention to a couple of the key principles of the core program it could benefit you over the holidays. Eat until satisfied (not full or stuffed) using filling and healthy foods (healthy as in wholesome and minimally processed as per the WW guidelines for the program). Good luck and enjoy your holidays
  • Catfishbabs
    Catfishbabs Posts: 6 Member
    Core foods are generally healthy. I try to use the core principal of eating only when hungry and until satisfied. Non core foods in moderation. I try to maintain while on vacation and get tight back on my plan the day I get home.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Thanks for all your help, Everyone. :)