Tips to Prepare for Powerlifting Competition

Options
I have set a goal for myself that I will be competing in a powerlifting competition. I recently did stronglifts 5x5 but then realized I was hitting some plateaus and that this was not necessarily helping in my ultimate goals. I also am a crossfit enthusiast so I enjoy working on oly lifts and gymnastics movements and improving my endurance overall. How can I successfully prepare for a powerlifting comp, improve my maxes and continue attending crossfit classes? PS: I currently attend crossfit classes every other day. Also, should I cut before a competition? And how do I do this successfully while making gains? As a grad student, I have a very hard time with meal prep AND I don't eat red meat.

Stats--when last tested

59kg lifter.
1 RM Back Squat: 160lbs
1 RM Front Squat: 140lbs
1 RM Bench Press: 100lbs. Or maybe it was 105lbs. I don't remember; I may need to retest.
1 RM Deadlift: 205lbs.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Go watch a competition and meet some people. Find a coach, the best thing you can do is get yourself a good experienced coach to get you through your first few competitions and maybe even every competition. .