Abs

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes out there for low cal meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner. What about a low calorie ice cream that actually taste good????

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm currently obsessed with the following breakfast:

1 better start Thomas' English Muffin w/ fiber toasted (100 calories)
    1 triangle of light swiss or light herb and garlic laughing cow cheese (spread on muffin) (35 calories)
    1 scrambled egg white (about 17 calories)

As you can see, it's only about 152 calories. I have to resist not making a second!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Just browse through the "Food and Nutrition" board on this website. Hundreds-thousands-jillions of great recipes.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5-food-and-nutrition

I like a bowl of Cheerios w/ 1/2 cup of 2% and a banana and a cup of coffee for b'fast. Well under 300 cals and filling& good.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    My old standby is oatmeal with some fresh fruit (banana, berry, or whatever), half an ounce of walnuts and perhaps a bit of splenda brown sugar blend if needed. The walnuts usually put me closer to 300 but I am 100% satisfied and am happy to get a bit of healthy fat from the nuts.

I love fudgesicles. They are pretty low caloriewise and satisfy my chocolate craving. If I'm feeling like I want something more I'll take the fudgesicle off the stick (kinda chopped up and in a bowl), add a couple tablespoons cool whip free and top with some fresh fruit. It makes me feel like I'm having a sundae and tastes yummy!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good recipes out there for low cal meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner. What about a low calorie ice cream that actually taste good????

Hello! If you're in the UK there are two ice creams which are low calorie and curb a sweet craving:-

Mini milks - only 30 calories per stick!!!!!
    Skinny Cow - you can chocolate chip or mint chocolate chip on a stick they're delicious and only 80 - 90 cals (depending on which flavour you want!) incredibly low fat and sat fat and amazing!

Also, low sugar frozen lollies are nice in the summer , most are only about 30 cals.

Mimi
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Low cal ice cream:

Frozen strawberries (any frozen berries or frozen banana work), skim milk and low fat cottage cheese or low fat cream cheese and a tsp of honey.
    Put berries in a food processor, pour milk in until half way up the berries, add a teaspoon of honey then a tablespoon of either cottage or cream cheese, then blend until smooth. Add more milk or berries until consistency is correct. Comes out the texture of soft serve ice cream and is better than most store bought.
  • tmackenzie43
    Options
    I love eating a fresh omelet for breakfast.
    1 egg loaded with fresh peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, with a bit of cheese! So delicious, and you can even make it the night before and take to work and reheat!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Edy's has a very good 1/2 fat ice cream. I think that all the low fat ones are their slow churned rich and creamy. Edy's also makes a very good sherbert that is low in fat.

As for breakfast I eat Kashi Go Lean cereal every single morning with skim milk and a glass of Simply Apple juice. The cereal that I have is high in protein and fiber, it keeps me full usually until lunch time. It is around 200 cals with the juice.
  • bikinimission
    Options
    bumping for the berry ice cream!
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I have a weight watchers tortilla wrap with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/2 a banana for 220 cals. SOOO good. I could eat it every meal.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    dore0021-also try salt free rice cakes with PB and banana. That is what I eat everyday for afternoon snack but I could easily eat it every meal and it is a good way to get some whole grains without many extra carbs.