calories

Options
i have never done calories before i did wieght watchers,if you dont consume your calories for thr day or have deficit calories can you carry them forward,or if having a night out save some to accumalate on a daily basis,TIA

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yes. Focus on weekly caloric goals as the body doesn't run on a 24 hour calorie allotment(: just a General cals in vs cals out. Meal timing and calorie balance is irrelevant( to a certain extent). (:
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    So basically yes, you can bank some calories(:
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Sure, many people use the weekly view available on the MFP mobile apps at Nutrition > Calories > Week View to keep track of how many Net Calories are remaining for the week. You can set it to use a rolling 7-day average or start on a specific day of the week.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I try to stay consistent for the day. I usually don't carry calories over to the next if I don't get in all my calories. If you want to, it's probably alright though. The weekly average is really what you're after.
  • janiversace
    janiversace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    well back on the diet n fitness after a year of ad lungs chest infections an steroids,just get goin then all goes to pot again ,been to gym this mornin felt i could do more but takin it steady,see what tnight brings,just off another course of steroids 8 a day for a week.got a steroid inhaler now also...cant beleeve all this ive trained all my life,
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I average my calories over the week. I'm down 120 lbs. I would go nuts if I had to use the same number of calories every day as every day is different for me. Some days I'm less hungry and other days I may meet with friends. Being able to have every day different, but averaging weekly, works best for me.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Another calorie banker here, I eat less for 4 or 5 days in the week and then more on the others, I'm aiming for a weekly average.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've been day to day since I started, but I think I might start banking too. The idea of banking for a nice Italian dinner at the end of the week is looking pretty attractive.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Yep, I look at weekly totals and eat a little less calories during the week so I can have epic weekends :#
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    Yep, I look at weekly totals and eat a little less calories during the week so I can have epic weekends :#

Give me two weeks and I'll probably join you with the :#

:D
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

I didn't track yesterday but I know I hit close to 3,000 calories....aaand that's why today I'm aiming for 1,200 lol :) It all evens out though and it works well for me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    How far do people bank their calories, A week or 2-3?
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Biologically, there's nothing wrong with banking. Psychologically, as long as it's not setting you up for harmful binge-and-restrict cycles it's fine, if it's what you choose to do.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I usually do mine for the week.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Within a week.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I also average mine over a one week period.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I banked for most of my weight loss and maintenance. It's great. Think about people who have not had weight management issues throughout their life...I doubt they eat the same calories day in/day out.

I'm back to eating the same amount every day because I started getting weird with my banking.
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

I didn't track yesterday but I know I hit close to 3,000 calories....aaand that's why today I'm aiming for 1,200 lol :) It all evens out though and it works well for me!

That's what matters. I'll be making a 5lb plate of pasta work well for me soon :D
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Usually 5 days of banking for a weekend. However if I know I am away for a long weekend, I'll increase my deficit 2 weeks out.
  • janiversace
    janiversace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    weekly