Earn your holiday dinner challenge?

Options
Hi,
Just wandering what is it? Also how do i get to it on an iphone?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's an MFP challenge -- if you log 15 meals in the time period of the challenge, you earn a badge and are entered to win a gift card. If you are on your app, you should see a "Challenge" section in your menu (at least, I see it here on my Android phone).
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    No I can't get to it from iphone either. Waiting to see who can tell me where I'm going wrong...
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    No I can't get to it from iphone either. Waiting to see who can tell me where I'm going wrong...

I didn't see it until I updated my app to the most recent version.
  • Clarewho
    Options
    There's no pending update and no options behind the dots. I've been challenged by a friend but when I click on it nothing happens :confused:
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can't see it either. Is it only for people in the US?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    mmghanna1 wrote: »
    I can't see it either. Is it only for people in the US?

I just pulled up the rules and it looks like the challenges are for people in the US only.
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Explains why I can't join :(
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, being Canadian I can't join either. I have to say that really ticks me off! I've been a faithful mfper for years, have a 650 day streak right now and love to interact with friends & love challenges, having things like this only open to Americans is not fair to the rest of us.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I got invited via Iphone.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    There's no pending update and no options behind the dots. I've been challenged by a friend but when I click on it nothing happens :confused:

Same for me...I was invited by a friend too.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    kristafb wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, being Canadian I can't join either. I have to say that really ticks me off! I've been a faithful mfper for years, have a 650 day streak right now and love to interact with friends & love challenges, having things like this only open to Americans is not fair to the rest of us.

It has nothing to do with fairness, it's legal mumbo jumbo.

Is it really a big deal, anyhow?
  • Clarewho
    Options
    Ah ok now I see why it won't work. Nvm.
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was sent an invite to join but I'm Canadian :(
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options

It has nothing to do with fairness, it's legal mumbo jumbo.

exactly. Its tough enough to run a country wide give away in the US due to having to comply with 50 different sets of laws (at least most of them are somewhat similar). Start tacking on different country laws and it just gets that much more complicated.

Having worked with a few people who ran events like this they would love to do wider reaching events, but the legal complications make it not worth it.
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Also keep in mind - things like new features get rolled out across countries; it's a huge technical obstacle too. I'm sure it will be rolled out, let us Americans get all the glitches fixed!!
  • vonham
    vonham Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends have it but I can't see it
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Someone in the UK has joined so it can't be just US
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I just got an invite today from deejay but I can't join.. Seems like maybe I got invite late
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I emailed MFP & they said at this time it is only open to the residents of the US but they are hoping to open it up to other countries soon.