Time to add on to my exercise routine?

Options
Hey guys! So I'm currently using C25K to improve my fitness and be able to jog more consistently. I've noticed that my weight has slowly started to come down again (I was at a plateau for just over a month) but I was wondering if I should add extra workouts? Will that speed up the process? I know it happens to all of us but it's kind of disheartening when the weight doesn't come off as quickly as I the beginning. I've also recently modified my diet that eat even fewer calories than I was before (still within healthy range though). I guess I'm just running low on motivation to work as hard as I did when I started. Any advice?

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I tend to think variety adds to motivation - though motivation is self defined and self driven. I also think adding other types of activities will prevent injury in any one focused activity (such as running).

Having began as just a runner with the C25K myself, adding rowing was a huge plus for cross-training. Also think resistance training helps in various ways as well and is almost necessary (using body weight routines or free weights, etc..). Both made me a stronger runner.

So, would I add in other workouts? Worked for me.

Trick is finding out what YOU like to do and don't consider a chore but can look forward to and build upon. Try various things until you hit it.