Cannot break up with Cardio

Options
Good morning sunshines!

I am 21 years old, 5'5.5, 118-120lbs, and I am trying to gain about 10-15lbs. (I know that my weight is technically healthy as is, but I find that I feel and function much better around 130-134lbs).

I would like to gain at least some of this weight by increasing muscle mass, but I also find my 30 minutes of running a day to be extremely therapeutic for me. I can't imagine not running 5-6 days a week.

I am currently eating around 2400 calories a day, doing 30 min of cardio and 30 minutes of strength. (squats, deadlifts, dumbells, rowing, etc), and my weight is stable

Does anybody have any advice or any websites that give feedback on how much to eat for muscle increase? I would like to be a solid 135lbs, right now I'm quite noodley and don't have much strength :neutral:

Thank you!

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If youre weight is stable, up your calories. Cardio is fine as long as you make up for it with extra food. Try 2600 calories next week
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that you have put all of details correctly in to MFP and have set a correct activity level.
    Make sure you select "Gain 1lb a week" as your target
    Eat that number of calories
    Then log your running, use a HR monitor if possible, if not start with 50% - 75% of the calories MFP says you burned.
    Eat that addition number of calories.
    Track your weight weekly, if you are gaining, excellent, if you are not, increase calories by 100 and then track again.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Try walking instead. Gives you the same high as running!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    If youre weight is stable, up your calories. Cardio is fine as long as you make up for it with extra food. Try 2600 calories next week
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that you have put all of details correctly in to MFP and have set a correct activity level.
    Make sure you select "Gain 1lb a week" as your target
    Eat that number of calories
    Then log your running, use a HR monitor if possible, if not start with 50% - 75% of the calories MFP says you burned.
    Eat that addition number of calories.
    Track your weight weekly, if you are gaining, excellent, if you are not, increase calories by 100 and then track again.

this..

I would also suggest that you get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, all pro beginner routine, etc...