Back for another go

Options
I joined MFP around two years ago and with everyone's support and the 5:2, I lost the weight I wanted to. However, the last couple of years living in France were so stressful for one reason or another, the weight crept back on again plus a bit. We have now moved back to England permanently and my first task was to give up smoking, which I have done, but as with a lot of ex smokers, the weight is creeping back on to the point where my BMI tells me I am now obese. This is the wrong side of Christmas to make a start on being sensible, so planning a new year start to a new regime. I am starting a food diary now to recognise where I am going wrong and where I can make improvements. Trouble with living in France, there were so many food items I missed and I have most certainly been catching up on them since being back. So - now, new year, new start.

Replies

• DarrenKH
    DarrenKH Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in kind of the same position, re-joining, and it's going well. Have to figure out how to stay consistent now. I think part of the trick is find time to keep engaged with MFP, it really helps, both the logging and the interaction and encouragement with others. Maybe just telling yourself you can have a small piece of whatever food you have been missing? I try that. And the exercise is important.
  • jan19230
    jan19230 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Darren. The exercise is limited at the moment as I am waiting for an appointment to be assessed on problem with my knee and ankle. I am also waiting for an appointment for a shoulder problem which is something to do with the rotator cuff. I can walk, but not comfortably - if my ankle doesn't twist, my knee does, so any walking is done very slowly. At least it's gentle exercise. I know that chocolate is my downfall, but it's the snack attacks I get when I am having a craving for a ciggy that's the worst.

I see from your profile you do running, so you obviously get a decent amount of exercise.