Funny story (if your sense of humor is a little warped)

Options
13bbird13
13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
I started MFP (again) on November 1, have lost 7 pounds, still have about 20 to go to end up at my goal of 140. Last night I was Christmas shopping with my stepsister. She was buying a bunch of baby clothes for her grandchildren, and the checkout clerk said "Oh, how cute, are these for your kids?". Stepsister clarified that they were for her grandchildren, and the clerk said that she always errs on the side of caution since she doesn't want to offend anyone by assuming they're older than they are. So then I get to the same register, and I have a rather matronly size 20 dress for stepsister's elderly mother's Christmas gift... and the same clerk says to me, "Did you try this on?" Um... 'scuse me, lady, but I'm in my early 50's and wearing size 8 pants right now... how big/old do I actually look to you??!

I told one of my friends this story this morning and she just about fell over laughing. I wasn't sure if it belonged in "fun and games", or maybe "motivation and support", or maybe we need a new category for "what the hell did that total stranger just say to me??".

Happy holiday shopping, y'all.