Entering a recipe

Options
JE9599
JE9599 Posts: 10 Member
Oh dear I am already confused. So I went to add a recipe and manually add ingredients. It asked me how many it would serve so I said four. So then when I enter the amount of ingredients and serving do I put in the full amount of a product I will be using but what serving size. So e.g if I am using a tin of sweet corn which is 165g when drained and I'm using the whole tin what figures do I use please??

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You enter all of the ingredients you are using. The servings will divide it up for you. But to get the best size servings enter the weight of the entire thing into servings like if the whole dish is 1335 grams=1335 servings and if you eat 256 g you enter 256 servings.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, you need to add the total quantity of each ingredient in your recipe. If you're using 165g of sweet corn in the entire recipe, then enter the 165g as the amount. The recipe builder will, in the end, add up the totals of all the ingredients and do the math for you... if you entered that will make 4 servings then the program will divide the total calories for the entire recipe by 4 and will tell you what the nutritional information is for each individual serving.

Also the above poster makes a great point as far as accuracy goes :). The program will do the math for you, but if you really want to get it as accurate as you can then her method is GREAT. It's much more precise and frankly easier on my brain to enter the exact # of grams that I actually consumed, because if you cut your casserole (or whatever) into 4 portions, one portion is probably going to be slightly bigger than another and so whoever gets that piece will be unintentionally eating a bit more. For some people that level of accuracy matters (I'm one :D) but for others it isn't as high on their List Of Important Things. You just need to evaluate where it falls for you!
  • JE9599
    JE9599 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fab thanks that's a real help both of you