Help with morning protein shakes

Options
I have protein shakes with some sort of fruit every morning. But I need help with adding something that doesn't have so many calories, but will keep me fuller longer. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SuzieQzie123
    SuzieQzie123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My morning smoothy is 300 calories and has spinach (2 cups), yogurt (1/4 cup) protein powder (1 scoop) banana, frozen blueberries (1/4 cup) and almond milk (2 cups).
  • SuzieQzie123
    SuzieQzie123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This and my morning coffee usually keeps me going till lunch but I usually have a small snack under 100 calories ready in case I feel hungry before lunch.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep the fruit to a minimum, and add some healthy fats!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I switched from milk in my body fortress advanced whey protein to water, taste was really about the same (and it didn't foam as much in the blender) knocked out 90 calories.... good luck!
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I use body fortress also, I add 1 tsp of guar gum powder before starting the blender which makes it into a thick shake, it is more filling to me, that way.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I use a serving of plain nonfat Greek in my shake instead of milk, adding a little water to make it drinkable. The yogurt is heavy and keeps me full.